Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-13-2018, 06:48 PM   #241
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
To be clear: Their name is GoodEreader, not Good E-Reads. Otherwise, I agree with your opinion.
Quite often affectionately(???) changed to BadEreader for obvious reasons.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:30 PM   #242
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
Here's a link to their video about the Kobo Mini 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxmFHKQkiy0

He makes it sound like a wild guess that's valid because he's "the undisputed king of ereaders", and that really is a quote from the video.

Actually that's probably true. He can claim to be the undisputed king because he's the only one vain enough to claim that title.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 09:12 PM   #243
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
Here's a link to their video about the Kobo Mini 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxmFHKQkiy0

He makes it sound like a wild guess that's valid because he's "the undisputed king of ereaders", and that really is a quote from the video.

Actually that's probably true. He can claim to be the undisputed king because he's the only one vain enough to claim that title.

Barry
The King told me via facebook chat that he knows I am a poster here. Creeped me out. My real name is not used anywhere here. So how would he know? Don't like being internet stalked by a stranger. I still like their website I am just a little freaked out on this
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 11:23 PM   #244
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
The King told me via facebook chat that he knows I am a poster here. Creeped me out. My real name is not used anywhere here. So how would he know? Don't like being internet stalked by a stranger. I still like their website I am just a little freaked out on this
Maybe he is a fan and likes all the stories you tell.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 08:10 AM   #245
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Maybe he is a fan and likes all the stories you tell.

Old 03-14-2018, 09:39 AM   #246
xavi
xavi began at the beginning.

Device: Belka
51/5000
Hello, the brand that took Barcelona's sponsorship
xavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 10:00 AM   #247
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
goodereader.com says the reader that's going to be sold at Walmart is a 5 inch mini. I do not know how true that is
BadEReader got the idea of another 5" mini from a wishful thinking thread here on MR.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 09:55 PM   #248
HLS
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
BadEReader got the idea of another 5" mini from a wishful thinking thread here on MR.

Probably. I read the article on the gold oasis and I noticed some wording matched another article a little. I still like their website. Easier to find the info
Old 03-16-2018, 09:30 AM   #249
HLS
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Quite often affectionately(???) changed to BadEreader for obvious reasons.
I think they hacked my iPad!!!!! I just saw Goodereader documents under my iBooks and I never ever added books or docs to by iPad or iBooks ever. What the hell???? It’s a 2011 ereader buyers guide. Why would I want that lol
Old 03-19-2018, 01:15 AM   #250
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
I think they hacked my iPad!!!!! I just saw Goodereader documents under my iBooks and I never ever added books or docs to by iPad or iBooks ever. What the hell???? It’s a 2011 ereader buyers guide. Why would I want that lol
It sounds like that your iBooks somehow became your default app for pdfs. Not sure how to change that in iOS though.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 10:26 PM   #251
Gardenman
Wizard
Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350,Nook HD+, Kindle 2nd gen, kindle keyboard
Does anyone know when Walmart si going to start selling Kobo's?
Gardenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 07:21 AM   #252
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardenman View Post
Not soon, apparently.
Going on six months and this is what searching for "ebook" pops up:

https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=ebook&cat_id=0

Fancy an RCA Voyager?

Searching for "ebook reader" returns a listing headed by... Kindle Paperwhite.

https://www.walmart.com/search/?meth...hProductResult

Don't know about other places but the WalMarts near me don't carry Kobo either. Lots of cheap tablets, though.

Some announcements carry more weight and commitment than others.
Some "strategic alliances" mean: "We'll put a standard kiosk in all stores and heavily promote you", some mean "We'll run a two week promo sale", and some just mean " we'll add you to the list of approved sources store managers can order from. If they see the need."

Mileage varies.

Last edited by fjtorres; 06-20-2018 at 07:32 AM.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:51 AM   #253
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardenman View Post
I'm guessing either for "back to school" sales, or for Christmas.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 09:24 AM   #254
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
Apparently, only independent book stores currently sell Kobo ereaders in brick and mortar stores in the US. The following is from the ABA website.

Quote:
ABA members interested in carrying eReaders may order any number of units of current models directly from Kobo. Orders must be placed through the Kobo corporate site. To purchase, email Natalie Jefferson at Kobo with the store name, city and state, and the name and email address of the person authorized to purchase devices and accessories; Natalie will send further instructions for accessing the corporate site. Only one email per store will be authorized. (Please contact Kobo directly for all eReader inquiries, including customer service on existing models.)

Customer Care Phone Number: 1-800-368-5390
http://www.bookweb.org/kobo-ebooks
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 08:06 PM   #255
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Well, early "back to school" sales have started and still no rumor about Kobos in Walmarts (or online). Christmas?
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote