Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-20-2022, 03:24 PM   #31
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Unfortunately, I don't consider that an advantage! I dread possibly not being able to use all my old software. But as reluctant as I am, it's time to move on.
What software do you think you won't be able to run. I've been on Windows XP, 7, 8.1, 10, and now 11. Nothing I run has not worked.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 04:43 PM   #32
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What software do you think you won't be able to run. I've been on Windows XP, 7, 8.1, 10, and now 11. Nothing I run has not worked.
MS Office? I'm using the 2007 version. It just seems like there's always some software that will no longer work when I've changed computers.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2022, 05:22 PM   #33
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
My wishlist is just for some flashdrives, maybe another external harddrive if the price is right.

Also an AT&T go phone for my dad as his is very long in the tooth.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 05:59 PM   #34
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
MS Office? I'm using the 2007 version. It just seems like there's always some software that will no longer work when I've changed computers.
This video shows an install of Office 2007 on Windows 11 from an original CD and it works.

Old 10-20-2022, 06:30 PM   #35
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
This video shows an install of Office 2007 on Windows 11 from an original CD and it works.

Thanks!
Advert
Old 10-20-2022, 06:33 PM   #36
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
I'm not all that much up on cordless vacuums, but I do know Dyson make good ones.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 06:35 PM   #37
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We have the Tineco Pure ONE S11. It was the highest rated by Consumer Reports and we are very happy with it. I did get a second battery and the wall dock has a charge slot for the extra battery. we just got hardwood floors and this works great. We also have a dog that, if I was guessing her breed, would be a shedder. Actually, she is half Beagle and half Walker Coon Hound. She also has a very sweet personality. This vacuum is great at getting up dog hair.
Apache
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 08:51 PM   #38
dublincheri
Zealot
dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, new Basic 2022
Quote:
I’m still running Office 2007 on my newest Windows 11 desktop and it’s fine. I don’t use it enough to pay for a newer version and have some old Publisher documents that nothing else will open. I’ve had more trouble with Mac apps that stopped working on a new OS than I have with Windows.
dublincheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 09:14 PM   #39
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dublincheri View Post
I’m still running Office 2007 on my newest Windows 11 desktop and it’s fine. I don’t use it enough to pay for a newer version and have some old Publisher documents that nothing else will open. I’ve had more trouble with Mac apps that stopped working on a new OS than I have with Windows.
Thanks, really good to know. Now I just have to find a good deal on a PC!
Old 10-20-2022, 09:44 PM   #40
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Walmart’s “Black Friday Deals for Days” Returns

Quote:
With More Savings, Longer Events and Earlier Access for Walmart+ Members

BENTONVILLE, Ark., Oct. 19, 2022 — Back by customer demand, Walmart is announcing the return of its month-long savings event, “Black Friday Deals for Days.” Like the past two years, Walmart will spread the excitement of Black Friday savings over three events throughout November and cap off a month of deals with Cyber Monday, delivering customers great prices on the must-have gifts of the season.

New this year, Walmart’s “Black Friday Deals for Days” events will begin on Walmart.com every Monday in November, giving customers an exciting reason to look forward to the start of the work week. Walmart is also bringing back its highly anticipated Early Access benefit, and it’s better than ever. Paid Walmart+ members will have the advantage of an extended early access window that begins seven hours before the scheduled start times for all three events on Walmart.com.

“Black Friday has evolved over the years from a single day to an entire season and is without a doubt the most anticipated shopping event of the year. Our customers are counting on us more than ever to help them find the season’s best gifts while delivering incredible savings like only Walmart can,” said Charles Redfield, executive vice president and chief merchandising officer for Walmart U.S. “That’s why we continue to challenge ourselves to offer an unparalleled Black Friday experience each year, giving customers more of what they love – more opportunities to shop even bigger savings on Walmart’s best assortment of gifts, easily and conveniently, online or in our stores.”
Quote:
Here's what customers can look forward to from Walmart’s “Black Friday Deals for Days” savings events:

Event 1 (Deals begin online Nov. 7 at 7 p.m. ET and continue in stores Nov. 9): Walmart+ Early Access runs 12 p.m. ET – 7 p.m. ET on Mon., Nov. 7.

Event 2 (Deals begin online Nov. 14 at 7 p.m. ET and continue in stores Nov. 16): Walmart+ Early Access runs 12 p.m. ET – 7 p.m. ET on Mon., Nov. 14.

Event 3 (Deals begin online Nov. 21 at 7 p.m. ET and continue in stores Nov. 25): Walmart+ Early Access runs 12 p.m. ET – 7 p.m. ET on Mon., Nov. 21.

Cyber Monday (Nov. 28): Walmart will close out a month of incredible savings with its Cyber Monday event.

more...
Quote:
Walmart Unveils Black Friday Plans with Walmart+ Early Access

Posted on 10/19/22

Walmart has announced their Black Friday plans for this year and they look similar to the last two years. Walmart will once again have three weeks of sales starting November 7th. Each sale will start at 7pm ET on Monday and at 6am local time on Wednesday (Friday during Black Friday week).

Walmart+ members will receive 7 hours of early access to each week's online Black Friday sale, starting at noon ET on each Monday. Note that this is for paid Walmart+ members only - free trial members will not receive early access to the Black Friday deals.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 10-22-2022 at 11:26 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 10:51 PM   #41
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
My Windows 11 laptop doesn't have a CD Rom.

But Microsft sells a full version of Word for $80 as a download. And they usually have a Black Friday sale. Not that I want to pay for it again, but that will probably be the way I go when I eventually replace my desktop.

They do bury the option to buy it on their website. But you don't need to "upgrade" to their subsciption version. (I use Word a lot but am not a fan of subscriptions).
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 04:58 AM   #42
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
We have a Dyson corded vacuum and it does a really good job with dog hair.
Old 10-21-2022, 05:03 AM   #43
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Thanks, really good to know. Now I just have to find a good deal on a PC!
I suggest keeping an eye out at newegg.com as well. You can easily get an external CD-ROM drive for less then buying Office again.
Old 10-21-2022, 08:32 AM   #44
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
With More Savings, Longer Events and Earlier Access for Walmart+ Members

BENTONVILLE, Ark., Oct. 19, 2022 — Back by customer demand, Walmart is announcing the return of its month-long savings event, “Black Friday Deals for Days.” Like the past two years, Walmart will spread the excitement of Black Friday savings over three events throughout November and cap off a month of deals with Cyber Monday, delivering customers great prices on the must-have gifts of the season.

New this year, Walmart’s “Black Friday Deals for Days” events will begin on Walmart.com every Monday in November, giving customers an exciting reason to look forward to the start of the work week. Walmart is also bringing back its highly anticipated Early Access benefit, and it’s better than ever. Paid Walmart+ members will have the advantage of an extended early access window that begins seven hours before the scheduled start times for all three events on Walmart.com.

“Black Friday has evolved over the years from a single day to an entire season and is without a doubt the most anticipated shopping event of the year. Our customers are counting on us more than ever to help them find the season’s best gifts while delivering incredible savings like only Walmart can,” said Charles Redfield, executive vice president and chief merchandising officer for Walmart U.S. “That’s why we continue to challenge ourselves to offer an unparalleled Black Friday experience each year, giving customers more of what they love – more opportunities to shop even bigger savings on Walmart’s best assortment of gifts, easily and conveniently, online or in our stores.”
Marketing Executives strike again. They make it sound like the next best thing to proving the existence of God.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 10:35 AM   #45
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
My Windows 11 laptop doesn't have a CD Rom.

But Microsft sells a full version of Word for $80 as a download. And they usually have a Black Friday sale. Not that I want to pay for it again, but that will probably be the way I go when I eventually replace my desktop.

They do bury the option to buy it on their website. But you don't need to "upgrade" to their subsciption version. (I use Word a lot but am not a fan of subscriptions).
Quote:
I suggest keeping an eye out at newegg.com as well. You can easily get an external CD-ROM drive for less then buying Office again.
I have an external CD drive already. I seem to recall that when I installed Word 2007 on my little 10-inch laptop, I had the option of doing it from the CD or from the Web.

I would certainly prefer to have a built-in CD drive. I often burn mp3 CDs for my home stereo.