Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-09-2010, 07:29 AM   #1
cam8801
cam8801 began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EzReader Pro 5"
Confusion re: Format pricing

Hi all,

I'm relatively new to the ebook world having had my new astak ezreader since christmas. I've been sifting through various sites and am somewhat confused about the pricing on formats and how much they differ.

I came across this book on ebookmall.com
http://ebooks.ebookmall.com/title/fa...son-ebooks.htm
It sells the following formats at $24.95 (US I am assuming) - adobe, microsoft reader, palm.
It also sells mobipocket for $8.95!

Is this format on special?!

Deisel has the same book with the same formats selling between $22 and $25.

I havent yet tried to purchase this book, so i dont know if there is any geographic restrictions or not.

I am assuming that the mobipocket is the mobi format and would be ideal for the EZReader.

Cam
cam8801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 07:31 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The EZ Reader will not read DRM Mobi, as far as I know.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2010, 07:58 AM   #3
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
Harry is correct. The EZ reader Pro will not read DRM Mobi. You could however remove the DRM if you were so inclined. It does read Non DRM Mobi. When you have decided you can then discover the joys of geographic restrictions.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:33 AM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Cam and welcome to MobileRead. Be sure and introduce yourself in the Intro section
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:01 PM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam8801 View Post
I came across this book on ebookmall.com
http://ebooks.ebookmall.com/title/fa...son-ebooks.htm
It sells the following formats at $24.95 (US I am assuming) - adobe, microsoft reader, palm.
It also sells mobipocket for $8.95!

Is this format on special?!
It might be because Amazon have the book at $8.99. Or it might be a mistake. But ebook pricing can certainly be weird.

You can't read DRMed Mobipocket files on your Astak, so neither the Kindle nor the eBookMall version will work for you, unless you strip the DRM from the book.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2010, 04:54 PM   #6
cam8801
cam8801 began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EzReader Pro 5"
Good to know about the DRM Mobi not being natively compatible with the EZReader. Thanks for all the heads up.

I might play around with removing the DRM as I do like to tinker.
But i definitely will do some more reading up on DRM formats and compatibility with my device.

Any tips on best place/format to purchase for the EZReader appreciated.

Thanks again, and glad I found this community.

Cam
cam8801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 07:02 PM   #7
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
If you are going to purchase books with DRM then it has to be Epub or PDF and only with ADE (Adobe)
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote