Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-03-2009, 03:13 AM   #1
snowy
snowy began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs505
Just joined

Hi I've just found this site & so joined up. Wish I'd known about it before I bought my e-reader. I'm very happy with my Sony but I agonized for ages & here there is so much info.
Cheers snowy
snowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 04:53 AM   #2
wpk123
wpk123 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS700
Smile

Hi there Snowy

Warm welcome to you! The people here are friendly and almost never bite!

I've learnt a lot from reading all the postings on the various forums so if you are as noob as I am, you'll enjoy your experience here!

PK
wpk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2009, 08:07 AM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Welcome to Mobileread!

It's well worth trying out Calibre. And if you're interested in creating ebooks from your own (or public domain) source material, Sigil is very much the thing to use for ePUB, even though it's still in early alpha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowy View Post
Hi I've just found this site & so joined up. Wish I'd known about it before I bought my e-reader. I'm very happy with my Sony but I agonized for ages & here there is so much info.
Cheers snowy
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:08 AM   #4
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Hi snowy, welcome to MR!
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 12:38 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi snowy and welcome to MobileRead. I've had a Sony 505 since Jan 08 and really like it
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2009, 09:29 PM   #6
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, snowy!

It is very hard to choose a reader. They are so personal and everyone has different opinions about what works best. Be sure and check out all the free ebooks you can download for your reader right here at MR. Enjoy.

Happy Reading!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 01:58 AM   #7
snowy
snowy began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs505
Hi everyone thanks for your welcoming comments & I've already benefited greatly from joining this site. Cheers & have a good day,snowy
snowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:20 PM   #8
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome to MR!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:56 PM   #9
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Hello snowy & welcome to MobileRead. We know how hard it can be to make up your mind, that's why we talk and discuss and argue and describe. I've come to the conclusion that in the end, it's all about the books. I have a Kindle1 and a Sony PRS-505 and know that I could be happy with one or the other as long as I have plenty of good books to read!

We're glad you've joined here. Jump right into conversations about readers, books, llamas, or whatever floats your boat.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote