Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 01-26-2017, 01:27 PM   #16
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
An update: it all get curiouser and curiouser, to quote Alice.

I downloaded the newest ADE - 4.5.3. It said it found books so I said to put them in. So it did - not any of mine, but eight of my husband's books from his machine. Now, the two machines are linked so we can send each other things, but really?
Look inside the My Digital Editions\Manifest folder. Does it reflect ADE's knowledge of what you have? Sharing books is a feature of ADE in this version.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 10:44 PM   #17
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Many thanks everyone for your thoughts and comments. It does sound as if it isn't just me, but there's some sort of problem with the 4.5.3 version of ADE.

The epub books are still shown on the machine in the Digital Editions folder, and as I really only use ADE for downloading from Kobo and then put them into iBooks on the Mac, I think I'm probably okay.

Thanks again.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2017, 07:24 AM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
Many thanks everyone for your thoughts and comments. It does sound as if it isn't just me, but there's some sort of problem with the 4.5.3 version of ADE.

The epub books are still shown on the machine in the Digital Editions folder, and as I really only use ADE for downloading from Kobo and then put them into iBooks on the Mac, I think I'm probably okay.

Thanks again.
If you encounter an ePub with the new DRM, you will not be able to remove the DRM and thus, you will not be able to use that ePub with iBooks. If all you are using ADE for is to download the ePub, to then use the ePub elsewhere, then removing 4.5.3 and installing 2.0.1 is the thing to do.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 04:28 PM   #19
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Thanks Jon - good to know about the DRM.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 08:09 PM   #20
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
I have a newer version of Ade. How would I install an older version? I have a strobe sensitivity so I can't go to Adobe's site.

P.S. Sunglasses don't help. Disabling Javascript seems to help.

Last edited by MarjaE; 01-30-2017 at 09:56 PM.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2017, 11:23 PM   #21
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
There's no kind of strobe effect that I'm seeing on the older versions ADE download page, but the download links for 2.0.1 on the page are...

Mac DMG
Windows EXE
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 12:20 PM   #22
catsknit
Addict
catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Samsung tablet, Kobo Libra, InkPad 3 Pro
I had ADE 1.7, and bought some new books through Google play that come with the acsm extension. Calibre would not convert, so I upgraded ADE to the 2.01 (knew not to go any higher). But the ascm books will not open in ADE. Am I forced to upgrade ADE to open any acsm books now? Any other way around this? I have the latest tools from Apprentice Alf, doesn't seem to address acsm.
catsknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 01:16 PM   #23
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
The ACSM is NOT the book; rather it's a ticket to download the book. The ACSM file is openned by ADE which in turn downloads the book.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 02:38 PM   #24
catsknit
Addict
catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Yes, but the books won't even open in ADE 2.01. And the kicker is that on the Google Play site it specifically says this particular book is DRM-free, so it's really weird that I can't open it.
Old 05-07-2017, 02:47 PM   #25
catsknit
Addict

Well, seems that the new version never finished installing and it was still on the old one. I deleted the old one, re-installed the new (2.01) ADE and now it opens the books.