Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 07-20-2013, 09:25 PM   #1
Allucard
Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: kindle touch
Facebook rate, passage for no DRM e-books

So I've just discovered no matter what I do, I won't be able to rate or share I've finished a non DRM book uploaded to my kindle touch.

I'm not happy with it, so I'm returning it and I need an e-reader. I was thinking Nook Simple Glow. How does the facebook sharing work on that? Does it let you post or does B&N posts on your behalf like Amazon does for kindle?

If i upload my existing non DRM ebook collection there, can I still post about those books?

Thank you in advance!
Allucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:24 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
You seem to be the exception to the rule; most people do not want to see posts appearing on Facebook regarding their reading.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2013, 10:50 PM   #3
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
This link says that Facebook sharing works only with B&N books, not sideloaded books, but it is a year old. Possssibly things may have changed since then? (Probably not, I admit.)

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/...C/td-p/1283955

Just checked with my Kobo Glo - facebook sharing of sideloads works on that. Hopefully someone with a Nook will be along soon to test for you and give a definitive answer. (It's possible that a clearer thread title might speed that along.)
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:56 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Just checked with my Kobo Glo - facebook sharing of sideloads works on that.
Are you sure about the Facebook and the Glo? Are you using the Kobo Touch Extended driver by any chance to convert ePubs to kEpubs?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:09 AM   #5
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Are you sure about the Facebook and the Glo? Are you using the Kobo Touch Extended driver by any chance to convert ePubs to kEpubs?
Yep, I just facebook-shared a quote from an epub from my Hugo packet reading, which was well and truly sideloaded. I've never used the Extended Driver (I vehemently dislike the way the Kobo displays kepubs).
Advert
Old 07-21-2013, 04:17 AM   #6
Allucard
Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: kindle touch
This is great. This will be where I base my decision on which e-reader I'll get. How about Sony?

Remember the point is allowing sharing of passages and/or a rating system for sideloaded books, not only books from the e-reader store. This is useful because it gives people a good nice feature and it motivates you to want to use NON DRM books, looking for the better deal, actually forcing the prices to be competitive again.

Everyone benefits. You get to keep your collection maintaining the features of modern e-readers and the authors have a chance at the market without having to side with Amazon, B&N or Sony.
Allucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:52 AM   #7
meeera
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allucard View Post
This is great. This will be where I base my decision on which e-reader I'll get. How about Sony?
Can't help you there, sorry. Maybe ask in the Sony forums? It doesn't really have anything to do with Calibre.