Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-03-2017, 08:16 PM   #2671
X91w
X91w began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
This worked
I downloaded update_kindle_5.4.4.bin to root
Pressed power button until reboot with usb connected.
When drive appeared, copied of the 7 files
Jailbreak appears
Updated to 5.6.1.1

Seems to work OK.
X91w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 08:41 PM   #2672
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by X91w View Post
Seems to work OK.
Really?
Are you surprised that a procedure that has been in use for 5 years actually worked?

Please try to restrain from insulting our work here.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2017, 08:55 PM   #2673
zhalks
zhalks began at the beginning.

Device: kindle voyage
Hi, I´m doing something wrong. The "Update Your Kindle" link stays grayed out, I already read the README file, follow instructions but still grey.

I have a Kindle Voyage, firmware 5.8.7.0.1. Any ideas?

the "Update_jb_$(cd mnt && cd us && sh jb.sh).bin" disappeared when I connect the kindle again.
zhalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 10:04 PM   #2674
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhalks View Post
Hi, I´m doing something wrong. The "Update Your Kindle" link stays grayed out, I already read the README file, follow instructions but still grey.

I have a Kindle Voyage, firmware 5.8.7.0.1. Any ideas?

the "Update_jb_$(cd mnt && cd us && sh jb.sh).bin" disappeared when I connect the kindle again.
You are in the wrong thread. Please go to software jailbreak and use those instructions.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 06:28 PM   #2675
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
hi all, back with the same issue as last time on this thread was stuck on the screen that listed all the diags options, got it to exit out, and now it won't do anything.

I tried the suggestion from last time that had worked, but it doesn't work either.

on the amazon kindle screen, says diags exit, please use serial port

won't reboot, charge, or do anything except show the orange light like charging and the screen won't go off at all so the light is constantly on.

all help appreciated! <3
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2018, 06:47 PM   #2676
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

1) are you still a rescue pack user?
If yes, link to the one which you have installed.

2) what version of firmware is the device running?

3) is this your PW1, PW2 or some other model?

Shame on you, you've been around longer than I have, you know we need technical details.

# 16 1 16
Old 06-11-2018, 08:11 PM   #2677
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
1) are you still a rescue pack user?
If yes, link to the one which you have installed.

2) what version of firmware is the device running?

3) is this your PW1, PW2 or some other model?

Shame on you, you've been around longer than I have, you know we need technical details.

# 16 1 16
#1 k5_rescue_pack_20131220

#2 whatever firmware it was on when I did the testing for you guys on the Jailbreak (kindle-jailbreak-1.10.N) back then. no way to check it. it won't recognize on the computer

#3 PW2

it was when the 5.6.1 jailbreak was developed

thanks!

Last edited by pghaworth; 06-11-2018 at 08:16 PM.
Old 06-11-2018, 08:19 PM   #2678
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker

I have the coward's rescue pack too, but nothing's working.
Old 06-11-2018, 09:02 PM   #2679
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@pghaworth: Can you actually hard-reboot it? (It may reboot into diags, but that's not an issue if the RP is still kicking).

What's on screen right now, and what's showing up over USB (... on a system where you get that kind of info would be a plus, like dmesg on Linux ).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 12:27 PM   #2680
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@pghaworth: Can you actually hard-reboot it? (It may reboot into diags, but that's not an issue if the RP is still kicking).

What's on screen right now, and what's showing up over USB (... on a system where you get that kind of info would be a plus, like dmesg on Linux ).
thank you for your help.

on the screen right now, without any lighting, is the screen you get after you reboot... the tree, etc. and it says DIAGS EXIT, Please use serial port.

until yesterday I was able to reboot it, but unclear what a hard-reboot might be and how that's different. will research, try it, and come back with results.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:40 PM   #2681
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker

@NiLuJe per Amazon instructions I held the button for a full 40 seconds, and beyond, and nothing. no rebooting. no power/charge light at all when holding the button down.

when I plugged in the usb again I am getting the charge light as amber, but it stays on the main screen I posted above "the tree, etc. and it says DIAGS EXIT, Please use serial port."

I've tried various cords, ports, etc. nothing except that screen and the charging light if plugged in. computer will not recognize at all on any cord or port.

I should point out that I am, unfortunately, using the accursed windows 10 (pro)

Last edited by pghaworth; 06-12-2018 at 12:50 PM.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:48 PM   #2682
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker

@NiLuJe I've also rebooted my pc several times and it still won't recognize
Old 06-23-2018, 09:34 PM   #2683
surenotsure
surenotsure began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 2
HI everyone! Thanks for keeping all this up and running for those of us who never finish things.

I have a PW2 running 5.4 that I have successfully completed steps to the point where the PW2 shows the jailbroke message. At this point I'm stuck though.

When I attempt to update to any of the newer versions off the amazon list of firmware packages or the current update I simply have a greyed out update option on the kindle. When I replug the USB the file I moved over vanishes. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong; I have tried the process numerous times. I tried moving the entire .bin file over, and then tried removing the file inside the file from amazon and moving it over to the kindle. I appreciate any ideas you can think of.
surenotsure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 11:40 PM   #2684
knc1
Going Viral

First six characters of the device's serial number please.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:30 PM   #2685
surenotsure
surenotsure began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
First six characters of the device's serial number please.
BOD422

oh, and I'm on 5.4.3.2

Last edited by surenotsure; 06-25-2018 at 09:35 PM.
surenotsure is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5.1.0, 5.2.0, jailbreak, kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, touch