Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-22-2011, 02:48 AM   #1
delphin
Evangelist
delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-650
Smile PRS-650 back in stock

I see that Adorama camera and a few other retailers seem to be getting a trickle of PRS-650s back in stock.

Already showing "this item back ordered from Mfg." again and at Adorama

SonyStyle USA has also had them back in stock off-and-on. (now off again)

They are trickling through though.

I could have bough a 650 at several places in the last week, so if you look around they ARE slowly becoming available.

It looks like those who have them have bumped the price back up to the full $229 retail though

Last edited by delphin; 02-22-2011 at 03:20 AM.
delphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:58 AM   #2
injapan
Addict
injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11, Kobo Arua 2 and iPad Air 3
back in stock = good
price up = bad
injapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2011, 03:17 AM   #3
delphin
Evangelist
delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by injapan View Post
back in stock = good
price up = bad
I agree.

Hard to blame the retailers though when the things are selling like hotcakes.

Oh well, that's capitalism for you
delphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 04:35 AM   #4
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Europeans pay 229 Euros, that's like 311$...
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:45 PM   #5
jjansen
J
jjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: SONY PRS 505/300, iRex DR800SG, Nook
I was in the Sony tower in NYC yesterday. They did not have the 650 even on display. When I asked why I was told that the staff had heard rumors that the replacement for the 650 was due out and they were just waiting for the announcement and then the new deliverables........Jackie
jjansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2011, 08:09 PM   #6
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
They told me at the Vegas Sony Style Store of rumours of a new model as well.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:44 AM   #7
Kijac
Connoisseur
Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.Kijac is no ebook tyro.

Device: Sony PRS-600, Sony PRS-950
Who knows more about a new model. I thought to buy a Sony Reader 650 but when a new model would come out ....
Kijac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 04:45 PM   #8
jswinden
Nameless Being

Anything is possible, but Sony normally only releases new models once per year, and only in the Fall. If there are a lot of problems with the 650, I could see them taking it off the market, but chances are they wouldn't release a totally new model in the spring. At best, they might release the 650 with better firmware to clear out any issues.

The Sony stores around the USA were filled with all kinds of baseless rumors last Fall when the new models were released, so I wouldn't take for fact anything I heard in any of them. They are sales staff, not corporate officers. Sales staff are typically full of cattle droppings.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:57 PM   #9
baily
baily is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony Reader Touch Edition PRS-650
I stopped at my local Sony store last weekend, and they were still on display. Out of stock of course, but no mention of the fact that they were rumored to be discontinued, or that a new model was due out. The NYC flagship store taking them off display based on rumor is a little odd. If any store were to know about a potential new model, I guess that would be the one. Not sure what to make of that.

At any rate, the 650 is now back in stock on SonyStyle.com, in case anyone is looking to pick one up. I'd act quickly, since it'll probably be out of stock again soon.
baily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:29 AM   #10
jenieliser
Groupie
jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019, Kobo Libra H2O
Yesterday I saw they were back in stock on sonystyle.com. Yay!! Finally!
Of course I noticed that one other time and it lasted a couple days and they were back out of stock. So grab it soon if ya want it!
jenieliser is offline   Reply With Quote