Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-15-2014, 03:38 PM   #961
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
Yes, the extended driver automatically supports the same firmware as the base driver.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:15 AM   #962
dissonance
dissonance began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hi,
I have a problem uploading an epub to my Kobo Glo, using the extended driver.
I can actually upload the epub, but cannot open on the device, which says: "Oops! This document couldn't be opened. There might be a problem with the file. Try updating your library". Which of course I did, deleted and re-uploaded the file, but no luck.
If it helps, I can link the original epub and the converted kepub on the device.

The only affecting plugin option seems to be the "Enable extended kobo features", without that the files is sent as an epub.

Thank you so much.

Last edited by dissonance; 03-06-2014 at 06:27 AM.
dissonance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:05 AM   #963
Ech1965
Ech1965 is a glorious beacon of lightEch1965 is a glorious beacon of lightEch1965 is a glorious beacon of lightEch1965 is a glorious beacon of lightEch1965 is a glorious beacon of lightEch1965 is a glorious beacon of lightEch1965 is a glorious beacon of lightEch1965 is a glorious beacon of lightEch1965 is a glorious beacon of lightEch1965 is a glorious beacon of lightEch1965 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: IPad
Hello !

Many thanks for this wundefull plugin...

I have a little question:
How can I be sure that the "javascript extension" is correctly functionning ?[1]

Does the plugin write some logging stating that it correctly extracted the .js ?
I'm not sure I correctly executed the steps and would like to check ...

[1] https://github.com/jgoguen/calibre-k...ipt-extraction
Ech1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:33 PM   #964
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ech1965 View Post
How can I be sure that the "javascript extension" is correctly functionning ?
Open the KePub file and look for a file called "kobo.js". A KePub is just a ZIP file with a fancy extension, so make sure you're showing file extensions (which you should be doing anyway!) and add '.zip' to the very end of the name. Windows at least will warn you about changing extensions, it's fine; when you're done the file will open as a ZIP. Just remove the '.zip' extension before you unplug the reader.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:37 PM   #965
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
Hi,
I can actually upload the epub, but cannot open on the device, which says: "Oops! This document couldn't be opened. There might be a problem with the file. Try updating your library". Which of course I did, deleted and re-uploaded the file, but no luck.
If it helps, I can link the original epub and the converted kepub on the device.

The only affecting plugin option seems to be the "Enable extended kobo features", without that the files is sent as an epub.

Thank you so much.
Unable to reproduce. Please remove the book from your reader and try sending again. If it still breaks, please follow the directions in the first post for opening a bug.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:58 PM   #966
Ech1965
Ech1965 is a glorious beacon of lightEch1965 is a glorious beacon of lightEch1965 is a glorious beacon of lightEch1965 is a glorious beacon of lightEch1965 is a glorious beacon of lightEch1965 is a glorious beacon of lightEch1965 is a glorious beacon of lightEch1965 is a glorious beacon of lightEch1965 is a glorious beacon of lightEch1965 is a glorious beacon of lightEch1965 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: IPad
Thanks! I manager to let the plugin extract thé js
Ech1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 03:33 PM   #967
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
Hi,

Thank you so much.
I was having the exact same problem. If I used the Polish Books plugin, and sent the new .epub file to my Kobo Aura HD (I am using the Extend Touch plugin), the file would not open, I got the same error message. Both the .epub and .original_epub file opened just fine in calibre. So, in searching around this forum, I found out about the Modify ePub plugin, used that on the "polished" ePubs, and when I uploaded the newly converted ePubs, they opened just fine on the Kobo.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 03:27 PM   #968
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
Hi. Currently your plugin give to the document the extension .kepub. On the contrary Kobo does accept the .kepub.epub extension.
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:04 PM   #969
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Are you sure you aren't talking about the conversion plugin? If this plugin did what you describe, everyone would be unable to properly add Kobo-style books.

As for the conversion plugin, calibre cannot currently support multiple extensions (which is what '.kepub.epub' really is) so I have to use a single extension not in use by any other format. All that aside, the conversion plugin fits quite well into the standard "don't touch the underlying file system structure, let calibre do its job) philosophy; if you use driver plugins that support KePub files to load your device, I could be using '.jshdhjsjeieubbbhhwssjdhhd' extensions and it wouldn't make the slightest difference If you choose to ignore that for any number of reasons, the conversion plugin will not suit you, and well you clearly already know how to fix the file name to work on the Kobo reader
Old 04-06-2014, 10:26 AM   #970
MarsNL
MarsNL began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I have an Aura HD and its amazing how it works and organizes because of this plugin. So thx for that.
I have one question though.
I create bookshelves. I want to create shelves with the language of the books. I read in English and Dutch and I want to create shelves called Engels and Nederlands (which is English and Dutch of course in Dutch :s ).

I have this one set up in the plugin: series, languages

It works, though, it creates shelves called eng and nld. Can i make it so it will use the full language name in my preferred language?
If not, is it possible to capitalize the shelves to ENG and NLD?

I would like to know, google doesn't tell me. Thx for any advice.
MarsNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:06 AM   #971
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

It would require a change in calibre to do what you want, unless you use a custom column with a computed value and set that as the shelf column in place of 'language'. I think the calibre user guide has good directions on how to set the value of a custom column based on the value of another column. If no one else posts the link for you (or if you don't find it) I'll take a look for it when I get a chance.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:22 AM   #972
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

So I had time after all. What I was thinking of is the calibre template language.
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/temp...custom-columns
Old 04-06-2014, 11:29 AM   #973
MarsNL
MarsNL began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Thx that was it!

In short:
Create a custom column with {languages:language_strings(nld, 0)} as a template.

Then in your kobodriver just add that columnname with # in front of the name.

Nice, nice nice nice
MarsNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 01:28 PM   #974
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
sshould this plug-in be having any effect on font size ?

I sedn a book to aura Ad before properly installign the lug in - I noitced fromt he layout that I'd done somethign wrong, probably forgot to restart calibre after adding your extended driver - so I deleved the book fro the aura, did the calibre restart thinbg, rec onnected the aura & resetnt the book.

this time is was kobofied, but the on screen font was musch smaller than before!. I've had to move the aura HD font size slider a lot to the right to compensate.
I have been looking at & posting to other threads in case I am missing a simple explanation, and to be fair I have only tested with one book so far. I'd rather not be enabling & disabling the calibre plugins repeatedly in case I slip up

Update; I just sent 2 more books via the plug-in, to arrive as kebubs,; both were books that I'd previously sent as epubs and had recently finished reading + removed from device. I am seeing the small font issue in both of these.It takes 4 presses of the + sign on the font-size slider to bring the font size back to where it previously was, when the books were simple epubs. I Don't mind having to do that but I'd like confirmation that it happens to other users also, and ideally I'd like to understand what is causing it please. is the driver plugin doing anything based on what it sees in my calibre preferences that could explain this ?

what does this plug in actually do to an epub, apart form tweaking the file name & thus tricking the aura. does it actually change the epub content at all ?
I tried to skim read all 25 pages of the thread, but I could not spot any discussion of font size changing

Last edited by cybmole; 04-13-2014 at 01:36 PM.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 01:43 PM   #975
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

It's possible that you're seeing a difference in the renderer's used. As has been mentioned many times, KePub files use a different reader than normal ePub files; it's possible that what you're seeing is perfectly normal. Try other books and see if they're all the same.

The plugin doesn't do anything to the font size. It changes the ePub structure considerably, and it's certainly possible that poorly-written CSS in the book would not work with that, but if that's the case then that's a problem with the book.

Tags
error, kobo aura one