Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 10-01-2009, 10:11 AM   #1
suzymca
suzymca began at the beginning.

Device: astak pocket pro
Tech help pretty please :)

Anyone know why epubs won't open on my PEZ?!
Lit files look like crap on it, and I pull all my fanfic 'books' as epubs....hm.

The original 300 books on the SD card loaded fine (erased them though, had no interest), but once I did the update- epubs didn't load anymore. So I formatted the SD card as per one of the reviews that said to format it, and still doesn't load them. Not a HUGE deal, but I'd like it to work the way it's meant to

(and my original purple one has just blistered a tiny tiny bit along the bevel, maybe measuring 2mm, no biggie)

Thanks to anyone who can help!
suzymca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:06 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzymca View Post
Lit files look like crap on it, and I pull all my fanfic 'books' as epubs....hm.

The original 300 books on the SD card loaded fine (erased them though, had no interest), but once I did the update- epubs didn't load anymore. So I formatted the SD card as per one of the reviews that said to format it, and still doesn't load them. Not a HUGE deal, but I'd like it to work the way it's meant to

(and my original purple one has just blistered a tiny tiny bit along the bevel, maybe measuring 2mm, no biggie)

Try downloading an ePUB from this web site in the eBook section and see if that works. Try on internal memory and see if that is different than the SD card. How did you reformat the SD card? You should not have needed to reformat it just because you erased some files. If you put a folder on it does the folder show up? Try images or other objects.

It may be that the fanfic stuff isn't formatted correctly. Do you have a link to one that we can try to help you fix this problem?

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2009, 12:55 PM   #3
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzymca View Post

Did you download and register with Adobe ADE? If not, then DRM epubs won't show up. Th DRM free epubs from MobileRead will though. If you can read them, but not the purchased ones, you probably have a problem with your Adobe Digital Editions, ADE.

Someone who uses ADE needs to speak further on this. I haven't signed up yet.

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote