Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 01-25-2011, 06:10 PM   #1
Falstaff_eg
Falstaff_eg began at the beginning.

Device: ECO-Reader
Completely Frozen

I've had my ECO-Reader for several months and it's never given me a problem.

Until today.

Last night, I loaded a bunch of new files onto it -- filling it almost all the way up, in fact. After that, I noticed that its charge was low, and as I take it with me to work every day (I read on my lunchbreak), I thought I'd leave it on overnight to charge all the way up.

This morning, I unplugged it to add one more file and noticed that the screen was frozen. I tried hitting reset, I tried turning it off (nothing happened either time), and even taking the battery out. When I did that, I noticed that the screen display didn't change at all -- even with the battery out.

I'm totally mystified here -- does anyone know what I should do?
Falstaff_eg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:13 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
The screen requires no power at all so this is the reason taking the battery out did not remove it. Generally putting the battery back in and then plugging in the recharger (a real one, not the USB port on your computer) will bring the unit back to life by rebooting the computer. If that doesn't work initially try removing the SD card. Try another reset. Plug into a computer and see if the file system is present. Report back.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert