Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-28-2012, 04:54 PM   #1
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
i62 anyone?

Wondering if Booxter or anyone else had a chance to use an i62 yet? i've seen a couple videos but havent had one in hand and was hoping for a first hand impression.

The Russian importer seems to be selling two versions "Albatross" and "Nautilus" i thought perhaps the difference was wifi or not but they both seem to have wifi
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:31 PM   #2
marino14801
marino14801 doesn't littermarino14801 doesn't litter

Device: onyx m92,bq pocketplus
@Dulin s Books
I think you re right, it s the wifi:

Albatros has Wi-Fi 802.11 b / g / n
Nautilus only Wi-Fi 802.11 b / g

Nautilus also has mp3 and audio 3,5 cinch

links from above under "specifications"

quote:
ONYX BOOX i62 Nautilus - a device for reading electronic books High-End class both on the hardware, as well as in functionality. This model is equipped with a 6-inch infrared display E Ink Pearl with a 12:1 contrast ratio and the function of Multi-touch. ONYX BOOX i62 Nautilus became smaller and lighter than previous models, ONYX, and the ergonomic shape and double-button paging, located on either side of the screen, provide a comfortable work with your device.

Display 6 ", Pearl, 16 shades of gray, the contrast of 12:1, 600 x 800 pixels, touch-screen infrared, with multi-touch feature
Processor 800 MHz
Memory 128 MB
Built-in Memory 4GB
Expansion connector For memory cards microSD / microSDHC
Wired Interface USB 2.0
Audio Stereo, 3.5 mm
Supported file formats Text: TXT, TXT.ZIP, HTML, RTF, RTF.ZIP, FB2, FB2.ZIP, DOC, DOCX, EPUB, MOBIPOCKET, CHM, PDB
Graphics: JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP, TIFF
Comics: CBR, CB7, CBZ
Audio: MP3
Other: PPT, PPTX, XLS, XLSX, DjVu, PDF
Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b / g
Battery Lithium ion, 1600 mAh capacity
Operating system Linux
Programming language C / C + + with Onyx SDK
Dimensions 171 × 124,8 × 10,9 mm
Weight 250 g
Warranty period 1 year

ONYX BOOX i62M Albatros - a device for reading electronic books High-End class both on the hardware, as well as in functionality. This model is equipped with a 6-inch infrared display E Ink Pearl with a 12:1 contrast ratio and the function of Multi-touch. ONYX BOOX i62M Albatros has become more compact and lighter than previous models, ONYX, and the ergonomic shape and double-button paging, located on either side of the screen, provide a comfortable work with your device. Display 6 ", Pearl, 16 shades of gray, the contrast of 12:1, 600 x 800 pixels, touch-screen infrared, with the function of Multi Touch
Processor 800 MHz
Memory 128 MB
Built-in Memory 4GB
Expansion connector For memory cards microSD / microSDHC
Wired Interface USB 2.0
Supported file formats Text: TXT, TXT.ZIP, HTML, RTF, RTF.ZIP, FB2, FB2.ZIP, DOC, DOCX, EPUB, MOBIPOCKET, CHM, PDB
Graphics: JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP, TIFF
Comics: CBR, CB7, CBZ
Other: PPT, PPTX, XLS, XLSX, DjVu, PDF
Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b / g / n
Battery Lithium ion, 1600 mAh capacity
Operating system Linux
Programming language C / C + + with Onyx SDK
Dimensions 171 × 124,8 × 10,9 mm
Weight 250 g
Warranty period 1 year
marino14801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:22 AM   #3
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
Wondering if Booxter or anyone else had a chance to use an i62 yet? i've seen a couple videos but havent had one in hand and was hoping for a first hand impression.

The Russian importer seems to be selling two versions "Albatross" and "Nautilus" i thought perhaps the difference was wifi or not but they both seem to have wifi
I've got a sample i62 a couple of weeks ago, but to be honest I didn't really like it.
The device is white and the Pearl screen on it was a little bit too grayish for my taste. And we don't offer ereaders, if we don't like them 100% (I am a sort of perfectionist).
So I've ordered another sample - black device with PVI HD.
I will get it in apprx. three weeks. As soon I get it I will make a short review (if I like it).

Here are some pictures and specifications of Pearl equiped i62 (PVI HD will get 1024 x 768 Pixel):

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23593310/ONY...cification.pdf

Please ignore Prestigio branding.

The final i62 Black will also get page turning buttons on the sides like here:

Last edited by Booxtor; 02-29-2012 at 04:42 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:14 PM   #4
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
I didnt realize they made it without buttons for Prestigio. interesting. and when you say "PVI HD" you are meaning the newer / higher dpi pearl film correct?

besides the white/grey issue did it operate fairly well / at least as well as say the A60?
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:15 AM   #5
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
I didnt realize they made it without buttons for Prestigio. interesting. and when you say "PVI HD" you are meaning the newer / higher dpi pearl film correct?
Yes

Quote:
besides the white/grey issue did it operate fairly well / at least as well as say the A60?
The background of my sample i62 was felt a little darker than of my M92 (although both are with Pearl screens equiped). Perhaps because of screen size. But on the picture here it looks like almost the same grade of grey/white
Old 03-06-2012, 07:03 PM   #6
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
If this would perform like a Nook Touch but with the increased resolution Pearl, I'd buy it right now.

But only IF it would have phisical page turning buttons.
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:24 AM   #7
mSSM
Connoisseur? Addict!
mSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with others

Device: Onyx M92
Is there an update? I am interested in that device. :-)

How much do you expect it to cost (Should you decide to sell it in your store)?
mSSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:08 AM   #8
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mSSM View Post
Is there an update? I am interested in that device. :-)

How much do you expect it to cost (Should you decide to sell it in your store)?

Hi,

I will get my new i62 black with Pearl HD multi touch screen sample in 2-3 days. If I'll like it, we will order a certain amount of i62BHD and make it available in our shop..
The price is not decided yet, but I think it will be around 164 EUR net (for non EU customers) or 189 EUR (incl. 15% CY VAT).
Old 03-25-2012, 05:15 PM   #9
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm interested too,

but to justify the expense it should perform smoothly, and have multilingual dictionaries.

Last edited by lorenzoens; 03-25-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:18 PM   #10
lorenzoens
ex se ens

Any news?
I'd buy a new 6" reader in the next weeks, I'd be interested in this.

Just in case, I'd also like to know about the warranty duration. Thanks

Last edited by lorenzoens; 04-08-2012 at 01:22 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:25 PM   #11
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzoens View Post
Any news?
I'd buy a new 6" reader in the next weeks, I'd be interested in this.

Just in case, I'd also like to know about the warranty duration. Thanks
I have tested my new black Boox i62HD and now it is became my main ereader for reading of novels

We have ordered the first batch and it will be available in approximately 3 weeks in our store..
Old 04-10-2012, 07:01 AM   #12
lorenzoens
ex se ens

Great!

Hope you can make a short video of its capabilities,

I'd be especially interested in (multilingual) dictionaries lookup.

Hope there's a long/double press for fast-accessing the translation (like T1 or Kindles, and not like the Nook or the Kobo).

Sorry for asking, but since price + shipping would be quite expensive compared to the lower-resolution concurrents, one wants to make sure it's worth it.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:25 AM   #13
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Anyone selling this (or plan to) in the U.S.?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:44 PM   #14
MikeOnyx
OnyxBoox Sales
MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox
Onyx A62/I62 for US

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Anyone selling this (or plan to) in the U.S.?
I just ordered a sample unit of the A62 with the LG 1024x768 screen for testing. I am also working with some bloggers to review it. If it's well received, we will carry it on OnyxBoox.com for the US Market.
MikeOnyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:58 AM   #15
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeOnyx View Post
I just ordered a sample unit of the A62 with the LG 1024x768 screen for testing. I am also working with some bloggers to review it. If it's well received, we will carry it on OnyxBoox.com for the US Market.
Sorry if I did not understand well.
LG?
Do you manufacture electronic ink displays LG?
Are monochrome?

regards
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote