Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-24-2018, 05:31 PM   #1
Lode
Zealot
Lode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the rough

Device: Onyx Boox M92 White, Max Carta
Where To Buy eBooks?

For years I've been buying and reading Kindle books on my M92 utilizing the Apprentice Alf option with Calibre. But since Amazon pulled a dirty trick via an update for Kindle that can't be done any more. (Unless one reverts to a previous Kindle version.)

Now I have a Max Carta as well, and wonder if the books available for Kindle are also available in formats that can without technical acrobacy be read on the Max Carta.

I found this list:

"Where To Buy eBooks"
http://www.the-ebook-reader.com/ebooks.html

Can anyone advise me?

Last edited by Lode; 02-24-2018 at 05:35 PM.
Lode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 05:40 PM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Go to this website & Pick an Older app for your PC> Make sure once Downloaded you got to >Tools/Options & Turn OFF Updates. http://downloadofflineinstaller.com/...44025_id_17419
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2018, 06:24 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The solution is is in this thread on how to deal with newer versions of KindleforPC/MAC.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=283371

Read the entire thread.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 08:03 PM   #4
Lode
Zealot
Lode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the rough

Device: Onyx Boox M92 White, Max Carta
@Barbara1955
I just downloaded it. But it's 2 am where I live at this moment of writing, so I'll install it tomorrow after uninstalling my current Kindle for PC via my Amazon account.

@JSWolf
I'll read it tomorrow.

To both of you:

Last edited by Lode; 02-24-2018 at 08:10 PM.
Lode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 01:23 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
@Lode, before you install any Kindle program for your computer, read the thread I posted and you may not have to install any version Kindle and can keep the one you have. And if you do go back to an earlier version, that thread has links direct from Amazon.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2018, 09:46 AM   #6
bsnick
Zealot
bsnick began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M96+, T68+, Max2, YP2, HiSense A2 Pro
That 'where to buy' link doesn't list smashwords.com. No DRM, download in epub, pdf, or a few other types.
bsnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 12:24 PM   #7
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Check our wiki https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_stores for where to buy eBooks.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote