Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-26-2018, 09:32 PM   #1
VLMin
VLMin began at the beginning.

Device: Windows
Cannot find Preferences > Plugins

I just installed the current version of calibre on a brand new Windows 10 machine. I was going to install a plugin or two, but nowhere in the UI do I see anything remotely resembling a preferences button, menu, or link of any kind.

What are my eyes I missing?
VLMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 09:35 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Press Ctrl+P to get preferences

And if there is a chevron at the right end of toolbar - click it?

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 09:50 PM   #3
VLMin
VLMin began at the beginning.

Device: Windows
Found Preferences > Plugins etc.

Thank you, BetterRed. Ctrl-P, which typically means "print", worked perfectly. And I maximized the window and can now see the little chevron to the far right of the icons. Big icons, waste of screen space, Preferences should be added.

Anyway, all working now.

Again, thank you!
VLMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 11:03 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Preferences button should be visible if you click the little chevron

You can move it within the Toolbar in Preferences->Toolbars and menus->Main toolbar with the up/down arrows on right. You can adjust icon size in Preferences->Look and Feel. And if you don't like Ctrl+P for Preferences, you can change it to something you do like in Preferences->Shortcuts->Preferences->Preferences

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 09:14 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
I Put Preferences and Help on the Main Menu (No Icons there)

FWIW I also use the secondary toolbar
Main toolbar for Library - Device things
Secondary toolbar for selected Book things

Small Icons,lots of room
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote