Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-23-2013, 07:31 PM   #1
MiniMouse
Groupie
MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Well, there will always be a big time delay because I'm not living in the US! And there could be some communication difficulties too because I'm not a native speaker!
Device: Sony PRS-T3S
Is it possible to change the title column transfer to my Sony T-1 reader?

Hi everyone,

maybe a stupid question but I seem to be unable to find a solution. So please!!!!

Okay, that is what I want to do. I want the title on my Sony PRS-T1 to be with more info. I made a custom column {#title_words_series} displaying

{title} ({#words_text}) {series_index:0>3s|- |.} {series}

and my custom column is showing what I want, like for example: There But for the Grace of John Watson (114,950) - 001. The Grace of John Watson. I know it is a long title but as I see it, my Sony reader can show the title in two lines. So, that should work.

I tried first to change the device interface plugin more directly from {title} to {#title_words_series} but that didn't work. I set everything back and tried a plugboard

format: device_db
device: any device
source template: {#title_words_series}
destination field: title

BUT IT WILL NOT WORK EITHER! The only thing showing up on my reader, whatever I tried, is the normal title (There But for the Grace of John Watson). Okay, is this even possible, is it to long or what am I doing wrong?

MiniMouse

Edit: Never mind! There was actually no problem, my plugboard worked. The problem was me. After a while I didn't check my reader, only looked what calibre said was on my reader and there of cause was still standing the title only (but my reader showed what I wanted).

Last edited by MiniMouse; 10-25-2013 at 08:45 AM.
MiniMouse is offline   Reply With Quote