Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-27-2011, 11:43 PM   #1
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Series Maps?

I'd love to see some decent maps of the Wheel Of Time world and the Game of Thrones world.

I've done searches on the internet for them, and while there are many maps, they are so small as to be almost unusable. I've tried enlarging them with Photoshop, but they just don't hold up. Something tells me the people who drew the maps I've seen, don't really understand how to produce images for web viewing.

Does anyone know of a source of good sized reasonably detaied maps for these worlds?
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:01 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Try this one for Westeros (Game of Thrones)...

http://gameofthrones.net/images/West...f_westeros.jpg

(all that sites maps can be founf at http://gameofthrones.net/resources/5...-westeros.html)
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2011, 08:20 AM   #3
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
I'd love to see some decent maps of the Wheel Of Time world and the Game of Thrones world.

I've done searches on the internet for them, and while there are many maps, they are so small as to be almost unusable. I've tried enlarging them with Photoshop, but they just don't hold up. Something tells me the people who drew the maps I've seen, don't really understand how to produce images for web viewing.

Does anyone know of a source of good sized reasonably detaied maps for these worlds?
You probably know about it, but just in case.
There is a famous forum dedicated to ASOIAF.
You might ask the same question over there and find some help. Ask about both the Wheel Of Time world and the Game of Thrones world.
There are a few topics that begin with Upcoming Cover Art I, then II, then III the latest. I remember that a few WoT and ASOIAF big maps have been posted over there.

Hope it helps
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:33 PM   #4
shootingMaNs
later...
shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600, iRiver Story HD, Nook Color Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Try this one for Westeros (Game of Thrones)...

http://gameofthrones.net/images/West...f_westeros.jpg

Nice Map!!
shootingMaNs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:45 PM   #5
colinsky
Addict
colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
Bottom of the page here:

http://ebookstore.sony.com/wheel-of-time/
colinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2011, 08:54 PM   #6
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Thanks to all!
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote