Notices

View Poll Results: Flush or recessed screen
Flush screen 29 53.70%
Recessed screen 25 46.30%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-30-2020, 11:58 AM   #46
j.p.s
Wizard
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
One other reason for a recessed screen even if it's a capacitive touch is that the layers will be closer together and thus, more clear and sharp. Take a look at the PW3 vs. the PW4. The PW4 has a flush screen and the layers are not as close to the screen as they are on the PW3. If you compare the PW3 and the PW4, you will see the PW3 is cleaner and sharper.
And the Voyage has a flush screen and is sharper than either, so flush versus recessed doesn't necessarily affect sharpness.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 01:47 PM   #47
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richwood View Post
As for units with infrared touch screens the last Kindle with that technology I am aware of was the Kindle Touch with a 167 PPI screen resolution. The Sony readers were all IR I believe with a highest resolution of 212 PPI. Based on response to a plastic pen used as a pointer I believe none of the current Kobo readers have IR screens though the Kobo Mini, Aura H2O original and Aura HD 7" apparently did. All also had screen with resolutions of less than 300 PPI.
I originally had a few Sony 350s, and then switched to Kobo Glo and then Kobo Glo HD when that came out. All of them are IR touch, and the Glo HD is 300 ppi. By a fluke I also have 3 of them, so I doubt I'll have to worry about picking out another reader anytime soon, I really love everything about the Glo HD.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote