Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-01-2020, 09:50 AM   #91
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
And fwiw a new testplugin_v018.zip has now been posted that protects hrefutils.py test by launcher version as it first appeared in Sigil-0.9.991. I have removed the buggy testplugin_v017.zip since it adds no value over the latest testplugin_v018.zip.
Thanks for that!
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 12:44 PM   #92
Thomas_AR
Zealot
Thomas_AR began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
If there are any, I would recommend deleting the PunctuationSmarten plugin's user preferences and trying again.
  • Plugins->Manage Plugins
  • Click the "Open Preferences Location" button at the bottom of the dialog
  • Open the "plugin_prefs" folder
  • Delete the PunctuationSmarten folder (should only have a single .json file in it)
Thanks for the hint. Deleting the folder did the trick; i tried earlier a simple delete and install in the Plugin-Manager which didn´t helped.

Regarding Sigil 9.14.
I am happy with it, and as the latest Calibre and apparently Sigil 1.x have some incompatibility with older display drivers. I still use in both cases the old versions. I am happy with both. The day i switch to the newest Windows version, soon - as i ordered i new PC, i may step forward to actual new versions of both apps.
By the way, i do not see a 32 BIT version from Sigil 1.20 in the Github download page. Am i blind..quarantine is making me crazy...

Thanks folks for all the help, and good health to everybody.
Wash your hands and stay at home...

Last edited by Thomas_AR; 04-01-2020 at 12:58 PM.
Thomas_AR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 02:54 PM   #93
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas_AR View Post
By the way, i do not see a 32 BIT version from Sigil 1.20 in the Github download page. Am i blind..quarantine is making me crazy...
From what I've read, the 32 bit version requires compiling a customized 32 bit version of the QT bits and bobs which is a time sink so it may happen when DiapDealer is happy with the stability of a Sigil release.

Last edited by DNSB; 04-01-2020 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Don't mix plural and singular forms...
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 03:20 PM   #94
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I stopped making official Windows 32-bit installers for Sigil with after v0.9.10. I addition to the extra build time involved, maintaining/updating/testing the results of two toolchains for each Sigil release (plus a third for PageEdit) became quite a slog. "Releasing" became a days long event. Something had to give.

The good news is that I keep the possibility of 32-bit Windows installers alive. All the options for 32-bit builds are still there in the source. I keep hoping that someone will fork the Sigil repo and take over making "unofficial" 32-bit releases.
Old 04-01-2020, 04:27 PM   #95
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
I stopped making official Windows 32-bit installers for Sigil with after v0.9.10. I addition to the extra build time involved, maintaining/updating/testing the results of two toolchains for each Sigil release (plus a third for PageEdit) became quite a slog. "Releasing" became a days long event. Something had to give.

The good news is that I keep the possibility of 32-bit Windows installers alive. All the options for 32-bit builds are still there in the source. I keep hoping that someone will fork the Sigil repo and take over making "unofficial" 32-bit releases.
I seem to remember 9.14 having a 32 bit release or is that just my mind going?
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 05:23 PM   #96
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
You're correct. My mistake. Thanks!
Old 04-08-2020, 09:43 PM   #97
Thomas_AR
Zealot

Quote:
That would be great. I think there are still a lot of Win32BIT users out there

Thanks
Thomas
Old 05-09-2020, 01:37 PM   #98
Thomas_AR
Zealot

Hi folks,
perhaps i have overseen it; but is is possible to add a log-function to see what was changed in detail by the plugin?
Thanks

Thomas
Old 05-10-2020, 04:11 AM   #99
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas_AR View Post
perhaps i have overseen it; but is is possible to add a log-function to see what was changed in detail by the plugin?
If you've installed the latest Sigil version, simply create a Checkpoint before running the plugin and then select Checkpoints > Compare Epub against Checkpoint.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 10:29 AM   #100
Thomas_AR
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
If you've installed the latest Sigil version, simply create a Checkpoint before running the plugin and then select Checkpoints > Compare Epub against Checkpoint.
Thanks for the Tip, but asi i am still running Windows 7, my Sigil is an old one. 0.9.14.

Thanks anyway for the Tip.
Thomas
Old 05-12-2020, 02:07 AM   #101
AlanHK
Guru
AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW-3, iPad, Android phone
Another problem/edge case, whatever: abbreviated years.

In the summer of '42.
converts to
In the summer of ‘42.

Algorithmically, I think you could do these correctly by making apostrophe for
'\d\d[^0-9']
and open quote otherwise (as it does now). This would allow for a quoted number: He hit a '21' in baccarat.

I work around this now by searching for ‘\d in a book after converting and change as appropriate.

If there aren't too many left quotes in a book I check them all and usually find a few odd ones that should be apostrophes. Cockney is a nightmare.

Incidentally, I notice many commercial ebooks get both these wrong.
AlanHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 02:17 AM   #102
AlanHK
Guru
AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
You're correct. My mistake. Thanks!
Where? Latest at "Legacy Sigil" is 9.13.
https://github.com/dougmassay/legacy-sigil/releases

or on the thread : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=247156
Old 05-12-2020, 06:03 AM   #103
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHK View Post
They weren't talking about the legacy version. The last 'normal' 32-bit installer was part of the official 0.9.14 release.

I'll look into the abbreviated years issue. I'm pretty certain that used to work correctly at one point. Perfect example of what I mean by "fix one, break another", if so. There's no span tags confusing that particular situation is there?
Old 05-12-2020, 07:58 AM   #104
AlanHK
Guru

Quote:
They weren't talking about the legacy version. The last 'normal' 32-bit installer was part of the official 0.9.14 release.
OK.

Quote:
I'll look into the abbreviated years issue. I'm pretty certain that used to work correctly at one point. Perfect example of what I mean by "fix one, break another", if so. There's no span tags confusing that particular situation is there?
No, happens every time. Just tried it again.

Code:
<p>In the summer of '42.</p>

becomes

<p>In the summer of ‘42.</p>
Plugin version .3.3.
Sigil .9.13
Old 05-12-2020, 09:28 AM   #105
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

SmartyPants special cases abbreviations like "in the '80s".

I'd have to see what other problems might arise from making the trailing 's' optional.