Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 06-13-2019, 07:54 PM   #1
Larla
Addict
Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Tab S5E 12" Tablet
Books transferred not via CC

For a while I transferred books to my CC folder but not using CC because I had trouble connecting to the content server. My CC folder now has about 40 books but only 6 of them are showing in the CC book display (the ones that I had transferred using content server).

Is there some way that I get CC to recognize the other books in the CC folder so that they will be added to the CC book display? I know re-downloading them via content server will get them recognized by CC but is there a simpler way to get CC to recognize these books.
Larla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 03:20 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larla View Post
Is there some way that I get CC to recognize the other books in the CC folder so that they will be added to the CC book display? I know re-downloading them via content server will get them recognized by CC but is there a simpler way to get CC to recognize these books.
Redownloading the books is the simplest way to get CC to see them. You might need to delete the existing copies because the download process might generate different file names.

If the books are epub then when connecting to calibre as a wireless device, CC will scan for books, add them to its library, then ask calibre whether the books are in calibre's library. This process uses the metadata inside the books, which is often wrong causing calibre to not recognise the books. You fix this in calibre's device view by matching the books to the correct book in the library. As you can see, this process isn't as easy as simply downloading the books again, especially as there are only 40 of them.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2019, 05:58 AM   #3
Larla
Addict
Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Tab S5E 12" Tablet
Thanks Charles -- I'll just re-download them --
Larla is offline   Reply With Quote