Notices

Old 03-19-2018, 12:16 PM   #1546
JohhnyMix
Connoisseur
JohhnyMix began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O V2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
There are two patches that allow you to reduce the amount of space the header takes up. One is 33% and the other is 60%.
Thank you for the reply but i really wish they would just add this to the official firmwares.
JohhnyMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 12:36 PM   #1547
sjfan
Addict
sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H20, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
There are two patches that allow you to reduce the amount of space the header takes up. One is 33% and the other is 60%.
Or you can turn on fullscreenreading and then disable header/footer entirely in kepubs.

If you do this, you'll want the patch to fix FSR bugs as well (without it you'll see some lines be truncated mid-character at the end of the line).
sjfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2018, 12:45 PM   #1548
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjfan View Post
Or you can turn on fullscreenreading and then disable header/footer entirely in kepubs.

If you do this, you'll want the patch to fix FSR bugs as well (without it you'll see some lines be truncated mid-character at the end of the line).
But you do lose the footer going full screen.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 07:03 PM   #1549
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
I’d love to have Sudoku again. I miss it.

I also wish the web browser on my KA1 was more modern. I had a need to log into my Apple iCloud account today from my Kobo. Would have been nice if I could, but it’s not supported. 🤷🏻*♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 03:53 AM   #1550
CoAz
CoAz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I'd like to have the ability to filter My Books by "UNfinished" which would show "Reading" AND "Unread", but not "Finished" books.
CoAz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2018, 06:37 PM   #1551
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoAz View Post
I'd like to have the ability to filter My Books by "UNfinished" which would show "Reading" AND "Unread", but not "Finished" books.
I'll go ya one better: I'd like to be able to apply multiple filters at once. For instance, "Unread" and "only downloaded."
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 10:15 PM   #1552
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
I'll go ya one better: I'd like to be able to apply multiple filters at once. For instance, "Unread" and "only downloaded."
That's the one I want. The filters are a mix of reading state, book source and book state. Being able to combine the reading state and the source would be great.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 12:44 PM   #1553
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Does Kobo take any notice of this thread?
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 09:01 PM   #1554
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedReader View Post
Does Kobo take any notice of this thread?
As this is not an official support channel for Kobo ereaders, the short answer is, no. But, there are Kobo people here, or at least have been in the past, so they probably read it unofficially. Whether they act on them, I don't know. But, they are only likely to for those that fit in with the planned direction of the firmware.

And for the record, the only things I can think of that might have been asked for in this thread that have been done are:
  • Collections/shelves.
  • Series info and then much later series sorting.
  • Full screen reading, though this hasn't been officially released.
  • Extra tap zones when reading - though only one.
  • Author list (but still no Series list).
  • Disable tapping for page turns.

I think all those have been suggested here. I have no idea whether Kobo picked these ideas from here or elsewhere.
Old 05-08-2018, 10:21 AM   #1555
JohhnyMix
Connoisseur
JohhnyMix began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O V2
I wish they would make the part where you have saved bookmarks/pages and text more easy. Now when i have multiple text/quotes saved but it would be nice if i could select 1 to read on the full screen then to swipe it like a book to read the next one etc.
JohhnyMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 06:13 AM   #1556
JIPG-reader
Zealot
JIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Ed2, Onyx Boox C67ML
My wishes for the next firmware (asking is free ):
  • Include a toggle to activate the option to start directly in the current (last) reading book instead of the start page. I have it in an Onyx erader and I miss it in the Kobo.
  • Allow in the kepub css the following commands: page-break-after: always; page-break-before: always; I have problems with some ebooks that are ok with the epub renderer but when I convert then to kepubs do not work properly (e.g. chapters that start with an image in one page and the text start in the next page).
  • Include an Spanish dictionary that can allow searches of verb tenses, derived words, plurals, etc. The current one does not do it, in opposition to the English one. And if it can be the RAE (Real Academia Española) dictionary, much better.
  • Include a toggle to switch the clock view between permanent or to leave as it is now. Some times I do not realize the time when I am reading at night
JIPG-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 05:32 PM   #1557
shulz
shulz began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura one, ridibooks paper pro,kindle paperwhite 3G
Korean keyboard pleaaaaaaaasssse
shulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 04:08 PM   #1558
Lusitanic
Leader
Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura, One Plus 5
with the current firmware sometimes I open a book and it suddently disapears. It then appears on the list as "read", but if I open it it shows in the page I was in.

I'm not alone here, right?

And my kobo aura erases the deleted books I read from the "read" list.
Lusitanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 07:50 PM   #1559
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusitanic View Post
with the current firmware sometimes I open a book and it suddently disapears. It then appears on the list as "read", but if I open it it shows in the page I was in.

I'm not alone here, right?
Does "current firmware" mean 4.8.10956? Or something else. If you are talking about 4.8.10956, then it sounds like a symptom of the bug that caused Kobo to withdraw it. It has been heavily discussed in the 4.8.10956 thread. As a workaround, change the default font from "Publisher default" to Georgia or something like that. It can still happen with this, just not as often. There is also a patch to fixes it. And Kobo should have a replacement firmware out soon.
Quote:
And my kobo aura erases the deleted books I read from the "read" list.
I think I'm missing something. If I delete a book, I expect it to disappear from the device and hence from all the lists. What are you doing and what do you expect?
Old 06-11-2018, 12:15 PM   #1560
datanoise
Groupie
datanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: SuperNote A5X
The ability to easily install & choose a third party reader for specific mimetypes would be awesome, like it's possible on the pocketbooks...
datanoise is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feature requests, firmware, kobo