Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-01-2015, 03:20 PM   #1
pepe_alter_ego
Zealot
pepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Kindle Paperwhite 1 (Wi-Fi)
PW1 lost X-Ray and no Word Wise on 5.6.1.1

I upgraded my Kindle Paperwhite 1 (i.e. "5th Generation") from 5.4.4.2 to 5.6.1.1.
Right after the upgrade, no "Word Wise" hints were displayed for any of my "On Device" books. What was worse, all of them lost all "X-Ray", too (and I do remember that many books had them with the old firmware).
So, I tried "main menu" -> "Sync and Check for Items" but it did not help (I even tried "main menu" -> "Settings" -> "Restart" my device).
Finally, for some books, I decided to try "Cloud" -> "Remove from Device" and then "download" them again.
This did the trick.
The newly downloaded books have both, "X-Ray" and "Word Wise", features now.
This will be a pain, though -> for every book one needs to manually "remove" it from the device and then "download" it again.

BTW. According to some pictures, I should have a new Goodreads "g" button on the toolbar (next to the Search "magnifying glass" button), but there is none (maybe it's country specific, but the new user's guide 3rd edition says nothing about it).

Last edited by pepe_alter_ego; 08-01-2015 at 04:44 PM.
pepe_alter_ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 11:59 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You don't tell us what country you're in (it's extremely helpful to fill in the "Location" field in your MobileRead profile), but Goodreads integration is only available to people in the US.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
pw1, word wise, x-ray