Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 07-09-2009, 11:29 AM   #1
Hatgirl
Addict
Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-T2, Kindle (7th Gen)
Buying DRM-free ePub

Now that my Cool-er is on its way, can anyone suggest good (legal) sites that sell DRM-free ePub ebooks?

I know of Baen and the Multiformat option at Fictionwise. BooksOnBoard have a "no padlock ePub" icon, which I presume means DRM-free ePub, but I couldn't find any books on the site actually sold that way!

Anywhere else? I know about most of the free places (feedbooks etc), I'm looking for "shops".
Hatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:53 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Pan Macmillan eBooks and O'Reilly ebooks sell direct and are DRM free.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:00 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Stanza started out with DRM-free ePub as its preferred format. It can now read DRMed eReader, but see Can Stanza read contemporary books? for a slightly longer list of stores with DRM-free ePub ebooks.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:28 PM   #4
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
I couldn't find anything on the Pan Macmillan pages to indicate their books are DRM-free. I noted that their "special editions" are released without DRM, but nothing about their standard ebooks, and their ebook notes do instruct buyers to download the software before purchasing--which isn't necessary for non-DRM'd books. (I can load non-DRM'd ePubs to my Sony Reader without having Adobe Digital Editions on my computer.)
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:36 PM   #5
wallcraft
reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
I couldn't find anything on the Pan Macmillan pages to indicate their books are DRM-free.
The few ebooks I bought from them were all DRM-free, but I agree they are not very clear about this. See Pan Macmillan ebooks for the iPhone for their ebooks which are definately DRM-free ePubs.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:48 AM   #6
Hatgirl
Addict
Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-T2, Kindle (7th Gen)
Thanks, everyone! Not a huge amount, but still enough to keep me busy for quite a while.
Hatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote