Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-06-2011, 09:19 PM   #1
Debby
Connoisseur
Debby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook, Sony & ipad
Displaying series with title

I prefer to read books from Stanza which requires you look at each book to see the series information. Unless there is a better way I don't know about?

Is it possible to have a plug in that adds the series information to the end of title Calibre uses? For example:

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo :Millennium 1

The goal being to quickly see series information regardless of how you access the file (dropbox, stanza, itunes etc). In a perfect world, I would also have the ability to undo the feature after I have read the book. Well, I might as well ask: if it can undo the title - it would then add something to a custom column noting it has been read.

An additional benefit would be the ability to see what books are on my device without having to plug it in.

Thank you!

Last edited by Debby; 06-06-2011 at 09:21 PM.
Debby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:32 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debby View Post
I prefer to read books from Stanza which requires you look at each book to see the series information. Unless there is a better way I don't know about?

Is it possible to have a plug in that adds the series information to the end of title Calibre uses? For example:

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo :Millennium 1

The goal being to quickly see series information regardless of how you access the file (dropbox, stanza, itunes etc). In a perfect world, I would also have the ability to undo the feature after I have read the book. Well, I might as well ask: if it can undo the title - it would then add something to a custom column noting it has been read.

An additional benefit would be the ability to see what books are on my device without having to plug it in.

Thank you!
Look at (the existing) "save to..." Templates
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2011, 09:50 PM   #3
Debby
Connoisseur
Debby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enough

Sorry to so dense....are you referring to Save to disk templates? Or for me to search the forum?
Old 06-06-2011, 09:53 PM   #4
Debby
Connoisseur

Ah, think I found it - Preferences - saving books to disk. I can alter the expression to change the title. But, how would I easily select specific books to reverse?
Old 06-06-2011, 10:38 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debby View Post
Ah, think I found it - Preferences - saving books to disk. I can alter the expression to change the title. But, how would I easily select specific books to reverse?
Select books: Send (again) to...
You will need to delete the OLD version on your DEVICE.
The template does not affect the Library
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2011, 11:17 PM   #6
Debby
Connoisseur

Thank you! I will play with this.......I have been looking at some of the regexp used by others and it looks like this will solve my title issue easily as I just delete the book off the device. I still believe it would a useful feature for people who are not comfortable exploring regexp (which is intimidating for those of us who are not programmers). Also, it is not "one stop shopping" for any device which is what I was hoping for.

This expression works in case anyone else needs it:
{title:| |: }{series}{series_index:>2s}

May I ask how you handle what is on your device if it is not hooked up? I have created a column and noted if I have sent the book over. After the book is read I place a checkmark in the read column and delete it from the reader. Is there an easier way? Am I missing something obvious that would be less time consuming?

Last edited by Debby; 06-06-2011 at 11:44 PM. Reason: update with expression
Old 06-07-2011, 04:12 AM   #7
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Moderator Notice
Moved to new thread from the plugin ideas sticky
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote