Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 06-01-2009, 01:09 PM   #16
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
I'm in no hurry. I can wait for the new and improved version.
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:09 AM   #17
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Sure, I can compile a standard compression version, but it will be huge (20MB+).
Done! See attachment below; it's a winrar .rar due to it's compressed size. Uncompressed it's 26MB!!!
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Websters Dictionary 1913_ver21-stnd.rar (18.50 MB, 13341 views)
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:50 AM   #18
IgnareAcademy
Banned
IgnareAcademy is on a distinguished road

Device: Hanlin clone
The v2.1 highly compressed mobi version works great on my Hanlin clone with the April version of the lBook firmware.
It is so much more convenient than v2 !
Thank you very very much!!!
IgnareAcademy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:50 PM   #19
mathivanan9493
mathivanan9493 began at the beginning.

Device: i-mate pda2k
thanks,master piece!
mathivanan9493 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 12:29 PM   #20
Ron46
Zealot
Ron46 doesn't litterRon46 doesn't litter

Device: JetbookLite, EB-1150, PalmIIIXE
I wish it worked on the Ectaco Jetbook (even though the lookup function would not work, thanx to Ectaco's firmware). I put it on my Jetbook 2G SD card and I get "file too big to open". It looks like this reader needs the dictionary broken down into segments like the previous attempt, only with normal compression. Could you recompile the older version with normal compression? Jetbook users have no dictionary at all.

I might try breaking the txt file into 500 page individual files.
Ron46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 06:10 AM   #21
drwira
Book Addict
drwira began at the beginning.

Device: SE P1i / Mobipocket
what's the difference between the v2.1 rar (18.5MB) and the prc (13.5MB) in the first post?
drwira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:53 PM   #22
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwira View Post
what's the difference between the v2.1 rar (18.5MB) and the prc (13.5MB) in the first post?
The .prc in the post #1 is a highly compressed .prc using Mobipocket's HuffDic compression whereas the ver2.1-stnd.rar is a less compressed .prc using Mobipocket's standard compression. The latter can easily be read and/or exploded into it's underlying .html using various non-Mobipocket-proprietary tools.

It's best, though, to have the .prc in post #1, so as to minimize the storage required. Otherwise, the two are identical internally.

Last edited by nrapallo; 05-18-2010 at 02:56 PM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 08:55 AM   #23
fantasyfan
Wizard
fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, 4G, iPad Air 2, iPhone IE
I’ve just downloaded this volume and it works perfectly. I find the exploration of this old bur significant volume an enjoyable experience.

Thank you for your excellent work!
fantasyfan is offline   Reply With Quote