Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-11-2018, 06:00 PM   #511
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
^ Thanks! I rarely use a computer, but will try to remember to download and backup my purchases there someday.
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:55 PM   #512
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Thank you mtg (and welcome to posting!) and Difflugia.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 01-11-2018 at 07:57 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 11:40 AM   #513
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Get a semi-free copy of Scott Klusendorf's _The Case for Life_ from the publisher, Crossway.

I say "semi-free," because you must fiill out a survey and agree to get weekly emails from Crossway (but that's not necessarily bad--I received this offer in an email from them) in order to receive it. However, the book is the full, unabridged, 256-ish page edition whose Kindle mobi version is $9.99. And with this freebie you get your choice of mobi, and/or ePub, and/or PDF versions.

My only beef with the offer is that the survey will take probably 15 minutes or more if you give truthful, thoughtful answers. But remember that this book would cost (what I would consider) quite a bit of money to buy it. Oh, and this book is highly rated, at Amazon at least.

https://us1.campaign-archive.com/?u=...f&e=23cead9d70.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 01-16-2018 at 04:35 PM.
Old 01-16-2018, 03:53 PM   #514
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

I assembled a complete (or nearly so) set of Warren Wiersbe's "Be" series by buying individual volumes when they were heavily marked down. Given the hugh markdowns on volumes of the new _Expositor's Bible Commentary_ now, I'm wondering if that might be the way to start accumulating a set of them.

This new _Expositor's_ is considered a revision of the first one, which was under the general editorship of Frank E. Gaebelein. The first volume of that set was published in 1979. This newest _Expositor's_ is under the general editorship of the well known and highly revered Biblical scholars Tremper Longman III and David E. Garland.

Most, if not all, of the volumes of the new set are marked down, at the present time, at Amazon. Most of the volumes are $5.99, a handful are $6.99, but two are actually only $2.99 each. The two $2.99 volumes cover some of the Old Testament's "Minor Prophets." The entire Old Testament set is currently $150.47 at Amazon, making each volume an average of just under $19. You don't have to be a math wiz to see how much that you could save under the current sale.

The sale is scheduled to end the 21st day of this month.

Here are links to the two $2.99 volumes:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01N5Y1RDX/.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MYE76PD.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 01-16-2018 at 04:31 PM.
Old 01-16-2018, 04:07 PM   #515
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Get a semi-free copy of Scott Klusendorf's _The Case for Life_ from the publisher, Crossway.
Thanks! I love the questionnaires with ebook rewards!
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 05:21 AM   #516
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I assembled a complete (or nearly so) set of Warren Wiersbe's "Be" series by buying individual volumes when they were heavily marked down. Given the hugh markdowns on volumes of the new _Expositor's Bible Commentary_ now, I'm wondering if that might be the way to start accumulating a set of them.

This new _Expositor's_ is considered a revision of the first one, which was under the general editorship of Frank E. Gaebelein. The first volume of that set was published in 1979. This newest _Expositor's_ is under the general editorship of the well known and highly revered Biblical scholars Tremper Longman III and David E. Garland.

Most, if not all, of the volumes of the new set are marked down, at the present time, at Amazon. Most of the volumes are $5.99, a handful are $6.99, but two are actually only $2.99 each. The two $2.99 volumes cover some of the Old Testament's "Minor Prophets." The entire Old Testament set is currently $150.47 at Amazon, making each volume an average of just under $19. You don't have to be a math wiz to see how much that you could save under the current sale.

The sale is scheduled to end the 21st day of this month.

Here are links to the two $2.99 volumes:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01N5Y1RDX/.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MYE76PD.
Chistianbook.com also has the above two $2.99 revised _Expositor's Bible Commentary_ volumes on sale today, as part of their "ebook daily deals" for the day. There are also a couple of the $5.99 volumes on sale, also.

These are both ePub's (DRM Protected), as all of Christianbook's ebooks are, as far as I know.

Christianbook "always" has made it difficult to find their ebook daily specials as browser pages on their website (I receive notifications of these specials in email messages each day), IMHO. Today is no exception. Let me give you the direct links to the volumes that are $2.99 each:

https://www.christianbook.com/hosea-...906/pd/90911EB.
https://www.christianbook.com/jonah-...968/pd/90913EB.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 01-17-2018 at 11:31 PM.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:42 AM   #517
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

One good thing to come out of my unsuccessful search for Christianbooks.com's _browser_ page of ebook daily deals is that I re-discovered their webpage of _free_ ebooks. I had quit checking it several years ago, because the selection doesn't change much from day to day.

Here's a list of some more-substantive free nonfiction ebooks at Christianbook that some of you may be interested in. Alternatively, you may wish to go directly to the landing webpage and start exploring on your own. That webpage is
https://www.christianbook.com/page/e...=Free%20ebooks.

Ankberg & Weldon, _Jesus the Messiah_.
_ESV Global Study Bible_.
_ESV Classic Study Bible_.
Hamilton, _Love to Stay: Sex, Grace, and Commitment_.
Wiersbe, _Be Distinct [2 Chronicles, 2 Kings]_.
_HCSB: Navigating the Horizons in Bible Translations_.
_Holy Bible: New Testament: New Life_. [Caution: I know nothing about this book. If it is a _paraphrase_ rather than a _translation_, it is easy for the writer(s) to slip in his/her _intrepretation_ of a text, rather than to give an actual translation, G].
Maddox, Sam, Paralysis Resource Guide [Medically-Related Information].

Enjoy.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 01-17-2018 at 11:13 AM.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:10 PM   #518
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
One good thing to come out of my unsuccessful search for Christianbooks.com's _browser_ page of ebook daily deals is that I re-discovered their webpage of _free_ ebooks. I had quit checking it several years ago, because the selection doesn't change much from day to day.

Here's a list of some more-substantive free nonfiction ebooks at Christianbook that some of you may be interested in. Alternatively, you may wish to go directly to the landing webpage and start exploring on your own. That webpage is
https://www.christianbook.com/page/e...=Free%20ebooks.

Ankberg & Weldon, _Jesus the Messiah_.
_ESV Global Study Bible_.
_ESV Classic Study Bible_.
Hamilton, _Love to Stay: Sex, Grace, and Commitment_.
_Holy Bible: New Testament: New Life_. [Caution: I know nothing about this book. If it is a _paraphrase_ rather than a _translation_, it is easy for the writer(s) to slip in his/her _intrepretation_ of a text, rather than to give an actual translation, G].
Maddox, Sam, Paralysis Resource Guide [Medically-Related Information].

Enjoy.
Some of these are always free, some only this week

https://www.amazon.com/Be-Distinct-K...dp/B005NHTSVW/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Be-Distinct...dp/B005NHTSVW/

https://www.amazon.ca/Be-Distinct-Ki...dp/B005NHTSVW/

https://www.amazon.com/HCSB-Navigati...dp/B00CM13NPY/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HCSB-Naviga...dp/B00CM13NPY/

https://www.amazon.ca/HCSB-Navigatin...dp/B00CM13NPY/
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:45 PM   #519
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

I need to start checking the webpage every week, then. I've probably missed out on a lot of good free deals since the time that I was checking it regularly.

I assume that the two titles for which you gave the Amazon links, above, are the titles that are free only this week?
Old 01-17-2018, 08:18 PM   #520
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
I need to start checking the webpage every week, then. I've probably missed out on a lot of good free deals since the time that I was checking it regularly.

I assume that the two titles for which you gave the Amazon links, above, are the titles that are free only this week?
Oops, checking, Wiersbe, _Be Distinct was free from 15th Jan for the first time.

_HCSB: Navigating the Horizons in Bible Translations has been free since 2014
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 09:48 PM   #521
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
[snip]
These are both ePub's (DRM Protected), as all of Christianbook's ebooks are, as far as I know.
[snip]
I've been rummaging around Christianbook's website a little more this evening. I found out they do have some PDF's, but it appears that those ebooks are all children's books. https://www.christianbook.com/page/b...oad-deals?pg=1.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 01-17-2018 at 09:51 PM.
Old 01-18-2018, 08:33 PM   #522
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Difflugia View Post
[snip]
The Biblical Archaeology Society (publisher of Biblical Archaeology Review magazine) has some PDF ebooks available on their website if you sign up for their email list. Most, though interesting, are just collections of past articles exported from a Word document. One of them, though, Frank Moore Cross: Conversations with a Bible Scholar by Herschel Shanks, is a real published book. The PDF is available here.
[snip]
I felt sure that it was not necessary to sign up for anything in order to download their free books, but I checked it out, and found out that I was wrong. Maybe at one time that was true, but it isn't now.

When I went to the following address, BAR said that I would receive a "free gift" for signing up. I have no idea what that could be on top of all of the free books that you can get, but I'm curious . . . .

In case you have signed up in the past, and maybe even downloaded one or more ebooks, be aware that the list of ebooks is not static--BAR adds new ebooks (and perhaps takes away some) from time to time.
https://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/free-ebooks/.
Old 01-19-2018, 08:35 PM   #523
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Currently free at GooglePlay:
Lutzer, Edwin W.--Doctrines that Divide

Lutzer is a good writer, but I haven't read this particular book.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:07 PM   #524
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Very possibly the best deal of "Christian Interest" at GooglePlay Books, if you received the $5 off deal from them (see the separate thread about the deal):

Walton, John H.--_The Essential Bible Companion_.

Price at GooglePlay--$5.99. After $5.00 off--$0.99.

Very highly rated at Amazon and Goodreads.
Old 01-24-2018, 11:01 PM   #525
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Do you want to understand everything? Jeff Myers and amazon.com want to help you.

Jeff Myers and David A. Noebel Understanding the Times: A Survey of Competing Worldviews for $1.99

Jeff Myers (taking the solas to heart and kicking Noebel to the curb) Understanding the Faith: A Survey of Christian Apologetics for $1.99

Jeff Myers Understanding the Culture: A Survey of Social Engagement for $2.39

Jeff Myers The Secret Battle of Ideas: Overcoming the Outbreak of Five Fatal Worldviews for $1.99

The first two were discounted a few months ago.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote