Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-02-2012, 03:59 AM   #1
Katel
Evangelist
Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Help please with ADE update?

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum but I'm not sure where to post it, so as I'm a Kobo owner I thought I'd try here.

I' ve recently downloaded ADE 2.0.6 and since then I can't download ebooks. (1 to purchase, and 2 from the library). I had no problem with the previous version.
The .acsm file downloads but only opens to Adobe Reader and when I browse programmes to open it with ADE does not show. I assume ADE is not
allowing DRM protected books to get in (or something like that, don't know
enough about it. )

ADE tells me it is authorised on my computer.
It accepted transfer of books from the previous library to it withut a
problem, but now nothing's happening.
Any advice would be really appreciated.

(Can't get any joy whatsoever from the Adobe website, and
I've really tried).
Katel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:47 AM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
De-authorize it from your old ADE if you still have it on your system. Then de-authorize the new ADE and authorize it again. I also had a problem with ADE not being listed as the default program for .acsm files. Once I had the authorization debacle and that fixed all was well.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:56 AM   #3
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
De-authorize it from your old ADE if you still have it on your system. Then de-authorize the new ADE and authorize it again. I also had a problem with ADE not being listed as the default program for .acsm files. Once I had the authorization debacle and that fixed all was well.
When you de-authorise a device, does it get deducted from your authorisation limits

I would like to install version 2, but I am on about 5 or 6 authorised devices now, dont want the hassle of getting Adobe to reset my limit

when I first got my vox I authorised various different reading apps before I realised there was a limit
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:06 AM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
@paulsalter, FWIW, getting Adobe to add new authorizations in was much, much easier last time I did it. I opened a chat conversation with Adobe and they did it while I was in chat with them. No delay at all.

I don't really know if computer devices affect your authorization limit one way or the other. Hard to tell. I never knew if computer authorizations counted in with the device authorization limit.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:35 AM   #5
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
@paulsalter, FWIW, getting Adobe to add new authorizations in was much, much easier last time I did it. I opened a chat conversation with Adobe and they did it while I was in chat with them. No delay at all.

I don't really know if computer devices affect your authorization limit one way or the other. Hard to tell. I never knew if computer authorizations counted in with the device authorization limit.
Thanks, might hold off for a bit, just curious to see new version

I only use ADE to download before adding to Calibre so should be ok for now
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:02 AM   #6
Katel
Evangelist
Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Thanks a lot Taming. I tried live chat with Adobe but they told me as ADE is a
free programme they couldn't help me and referred me to their Forum, where I got lost., it seems so convulated. .
Anyway what I did was uninstall ADE 2 and then reinstall it, and now downloads are automatically associating with ADE instead of the Adobe Reader, which is as it should be thank goodness.
. .
Yes it was all about the authorising which is way above my head.
Paulsalter I don't think there's much different with ADE 2 except for the
interface which is different, but it seems to work for me as did the previous one.
Katel is offline   Reply With Quote