Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-05-2011, 02:20 PM   #1
yeseanul
yeseanul began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
kindle apps "Pricing information not available"

Hello,

I'm interested in a few kindle apps (a have a K3), but all the app's pages on amazon.com say "Pricing information not available".
Is there a regional problem (I'm from Europe)?
Is there another way/place that I can have access to kindle apps?

Thank you,
Alex
yeseanul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:28 PM   #2
reech
Connoisseur
reech doesn't litterreech doesn't litter

Device: Sony eReader PRS-600
I don't think any apps are available for use in Europe. There's certainly non on amazon.co.uk .
reech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:41 PM   #3
chamekke
Groupie
chamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
"Pricing information not available" seems to be an Amazon.com euphemism for "You can't buy this because we don't have the rights to sell it to customers located outside the United States."
chamekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:44 PM   #4
fruiter
Connoisseur
fruiter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.fruiter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.fruiter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.fruiter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.fruiter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3; WISEreader N526
Quote:
Originally Posted by chamekke View Post
"Pricing information not available" seems to be an Amazon.com euphemism for "You can't buy this because we don't have the rights to sell it to customers located outside the United States."
Spot-on!
fruiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 03:30 PM   #5
yeseanul

OK. Thank you.
But are there any alternatives? Or am I just stuck with no access to the kindle apps.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:38 PM   #6
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeseanul View Post
But are there any alternatives? Or am I just stuck with no access to the kindle apps.
Nope. Not at the moment anyway. If you have a non US account or don't use Amazon.com then you don't have access.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 01:26 AM   #7
chamekke
Groupie
chamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by chamekke View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruiter View Post
Spot-on!
Another, shorter translation goes: "You can't have it, bugger off"
chamekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:14 AM   #8
Paulinafrica
Zealot
Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle Android, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiersten View Post
Nope. Not at the moment anyway. If you have a non US account or don't use Amazon.com then you don't have access.
Even if you have a US account through Amazon.com, but live outside the US, you will not be able to purchase games, apps etc. Crazy I know but hopefully it's only a matter of time before the publishers catch a wake up!
Cheers
Paul
Paulinafrica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:29 AM   #9
yeseanul

OK ... now I wait.
Old 12-22-2011, 05:28 PM   #10
GeoffC8
GeoffC8 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Well I created and uploaded an e-book Kindle, to Amazon and was notified that it was available, at this link: Through the Mists

I immediately had a look, and for the very first time ever, I noticed it was in fact not available, and the comment was that "Pricing information not available."

I waited a day, and went back in and edited it again, and confirmed that pricing was all correct, and then got an email from Kindle on 21st Dec identical to the earlier one, and yet again there is the same listing, not available, "Pricing information not available."

I guess I will wait a week or so, but I have never had this problem before, and all territories are offered. I am based in Aus, but have not had any problems buying Kindle books, in fact I bought one yesterday. I would have published 6 or 7 e-books without issue previously.
GeoffC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 06:40 PM   #11
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC8 View Post
Well I created and uploaded an e-book Kindle, to Amazon and was notified that it was available, at this link: Through the Mists

I immediately had a look, and for the very first time ever, I noticed it was in fact not available, and the comment was that "Pricing information not available."
[...]
have published 6 or 7 e-books without issue previously.

What appears to have happened is that your book "Through the Mists" was uploaded as geographically restricted to United States sales.

So you in Australia and, say, residents of Canada will see the message
Pricing Information Unavailable.

As you may know, not all books are available in all Countries. If the author has sold print and ebook rights separately, say for US, and Australia then Amazon needs to know what rights apply to the edition being uploaded so they don't sell it improperly.

So there must be some way at upload time of specifying or some default.

You seems to have got "United States Only", perhaps you used a different computer with no cookies or Amazon's wonderful software managed it.

I verified this by using my Kindle browser (no cookies !) to go to Amazon.com, search the Kindle store for "Through the Mists" in Publication date order and your book showed up at the top (Dec 2011) at $2.99.

Looking at the top left I saw that my region was the default, United States. Changing this to Canada or Australia caused the entry to vanish, replaced by an October eBook.

To fix this, if there is nothing in the Author control page, will require you to contact Customer services. Specifying one of your other books as OK may help.
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 06:44 PM   #12
GeoffC8
GeoffC8 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hi Little.Egret,

Many thanks for your efforts. I am 100% sure I flagged all territories. Maybe I should delete the whole entry, and start again. If that fails, then I will try "support".

Many thanks again.

Geoff
GeoffC8 is offline   Reply With Quote