Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-26-2009, 08:39 PM   #1
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Harlequin freebie found by tech_au - avail. 1 Nov

Just so no one misses this one......

Posted by tech_au earlier today:

There is also another harlequin freebie thriller available as a prerelease free purchase now as well but can't download until Nov 1.

The Hunters by Jason Pinter. He's a good thriller writer.

Link is http://ebooks.eharlequin.com/2E9A9F2...4-054B435A3154

I CHECKED THE LINK, AND IT SAID IT HAD CHANGED. TRY THIS ONE TOO!: http://ebooks.eharlequin.com/106A0B17-F6A9-4ABC-9DBD-E062598175C0/10/126/en/ContentDetails.htm?ID={CF4A7853-9C98-4DF4-97A4-054B435A3154}

bookratt

Last edited by bookratt; 10-26-2009 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Verified the link to the book...
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 05:49 PM   #2
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Whenever there is a free ebook, I try to purchase it and always get the same message:
Quote:
We’re sorry, but we are unable to complete your transaction at this time.
I have no problems purchasing from fictionwise or diesel ebooks in .lit format.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2009, 07:03 PM   #3
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Whenever there is a free ebook, I try to purchase it and always get the same message:

I have no problems purchasing from fictionwise or diesel ebooks in .lit format.
Make sure you are using Internet Explorer - it's required for the validation process and Harlequin won't let you purchase without it. FW will, but requires it for the download process only (no clue what Diesel's process is).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:06 PM   #4
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

AFAIK, you cannot buy MS lit format if you don't use IE and don't have activated MS Reader.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:22 PM   #5
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
AFAIK, you cannot buy MS lit format if you don't use IE and don't have activated MS Reader.
I buy all the time at FW using FF. Just can't download the books that way. I don't remember them forcing me to have it activated, the first time (which was good, as it took nearly a week for the MS server to come back online, so that I could).
Advert
Old 10-31-2009, 11:56 AM   #6
astra
The Introvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
I buy all the time at FW using FF. Just can't download the books that way. I don't remember them forcing me to have it activated, the first time (which was good, as it took nearly a week for the MS server to come back online, so that I could).
Oh, well, my bad. I assumed that buying and downloading is a part of the same process, so I always use IE from the beginning of the purchasing process because I don't see any point in buying ebook but not being able to download it immediately(if I cannot download it immediately, then why buy it right now? the purchase can wait until I can download and disinfect immediately something I am paying my money for)
Old 10-31-2009, 01:08 PM   #7
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
... I don't see any point in buying ebook but not being able to download it immediately(if I cannot download it immediately, then why buy it right now? the purchase can wait until I can download and disinfect immediately something I am paying my money for)
It lets me buy from my phone or a computer other than the one I have MSReader on, if I see a free book (or great deal) -- I suspect I could even use the browser on the Kindle to buy it, although I've never tried. I'll download later on the disinfecting system. Harlequin, though, requires you to use the MSReader computer for the entire process, which means I have to wait until I have that computer nearby (sure, it's a netbook, but I do go some places without it).
Old 10-31-2009, 06:46 PM   #8
astra
The Introvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
It lets me buy from my phone or a computer other than the one I have MSReader on, if I see a free book (or great deal) -- I suspect I could even use the browser on the Kindle to buy it, although I've never tried. I'll download later on the disinfecting system. Harlequin, though, requires you to use the MSReader computer for the entire process, which means I have to wait until I have that computer nearby (sure, it's a netbook, but I do go some places without it).
I see.
Well, I use the same computer I use for other ebook shops. Why I get this error, I have no clue.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:20 AM   #9
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Thanks. I had to enter the author's name, but finally found it! Something to read while waiting for Under the Dome to be released in ebook form.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:25 AM   #10
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Don't miss this freebie thriller - available today for download!
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 12:46 PM   #11
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Grumble.... grr.....grumble..... I can't get to my download... or my bookshelf... grumble...

I keep getting that same error
Quote:
We’re sorry, but we are unable to complete your transaction at this time.
Of course, I can get to my account info... but not my bookshelf... I've been trying since last night.. One time I was able to navigate, but it was too early to get the 11/1 download..

Well, while reading the various help pages, I found this out.. I keep all my emails for purchase confirmations in a folder (just in case)..

Quote:
(Please note that Adobe eBooks can be downloaded three times. If you should need to download an Adobe eBook a fourth time, please contact support to reactivate the download link. In your email, please provide your Transaction ID and Date of Sale as well as the title of the book you wish to download again.)
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 05:17 PM   #12
Panda Rose
Zealot
Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs505, Kindle 3, iPhone4
I donwloaded this via Caliabre, but it didn;t recognise the format nor could it change it. anyone know why?
Panda Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:02 PM   #13
mollybo
Connoisseur
mollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with others

Device: Rocket eBook, Gemstar, and Kindle 3
Did you strip the DRM?
mollybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:43 PM   #14
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
very nice! thanks for this one!

carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:30 PM   #15
Panda Rose
Zealot
Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs505, Kindle 3, iPhone4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollybo View Post
Did you strip the DRM?
Erm, no. I don't know how to do that. Please can you help?
Panda Rose is offline   Reply With Quote