Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 10-28-2009, 10:15 PM   #46
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 5
Thanks for the info Robert. I'll wait until the black is back in stock then seeing as the date isn't too far away. Though unfortunately they won't be on sale then anymore but oh well.
Laura81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:25 PM   #47
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle, pocket pro
really when is price going and and to what?
oncdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2009, 10:57 PM   #48
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura81 View Post
Thanks for the info Robert. I'll wait until the black is back in stock then seeing as the date isn't too far away. Though unfortunately they won't be on sale then anymore but oh well.
Is the price of the PP going up come the third shipment?
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:13 AM   #49
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 5
I was under the impression from Astak's website and something I read on here somewhere that their products were on sale at the moment. Normally the PP is $229 but currently on sale for $199. I thought this sale was ending at the end of October.
Laura81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:13 AM   #50
rling
Connoisseur
rling began at the beginning.

Device: Mentor Lite, Nook Color, Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Is the price of the PP going up come the third shipment?
If it does, I hope it will drop again for a pre Christmas sale....
rling is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2009, 08:12 AM   #51
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
I often find it quicker to pop out an SD card and pop it into my computer (laptop inbuilt slot), than to hunt down a cable and connect up the device itself (MP3 player for example).

Also, I intend to have more than one SD card, so I'll just swap SD card to access a whole bunch of new stuff which I may have downloaded to the card earlier.
jusmee, thank you for the response.

But Robertb made it sound like there was some technical reason that the USB interface was slower, and I was wondering why that is?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:26 AM   #52
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
jusmee, thank you for the response.

But Robertb made it sound like there was some technical reason that the USB interface was slower, and I was wondering why that is?
Some Windows computers (like mine) have problems with the PEz USB connection.
Like it fails.
So, the SD reader method is 100% better
I ran a simple test on all my SD cards to see what speed I was getting in the reader (timed a transfer of a 300MB MP3 file): 5.7 - 11.2 MBps
300MB is a good test size, as it will fit in the main storage on the PEz (as shipped).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:37 AM   #53
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Like it fails.
Same failure here.
I just force USB to the slower USB1.1 standard and it succeeds. I would use the SD card method if the PocketPRO had any file management capability, like the older OpenInkpot had, to move books from the SD card to on board storage. I do not like leaving an SD card in my PocketPRO, so my alternative is to use the USB1.1 standard to put books on the PocketPRO.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:15 AM   #54
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
Same failure here.
I just force USB to the slower USB1.1 standard and it succeeds. I would use the SD card method if the PocketPRO had any file management capability, like the older OpenInkpot had, to move books from the SD card to on board storage. I do not like leaving an SD card in my PocketPRO, so my alternative is to use the USB1.1 standard to put books on the PocketPRO.
Dave_S: are you forcing USB1.1 on the PEz or your computer? How please (I can't find a setting for that in the M$ USB driver).

RobertB: could we get the a firmware change to allow a setting to allow the user to Force USB1.1 (even if they fix the problem. and it is their problem as none of the many USB2 storage devices I use has this problem).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:51 AM   #55
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Dave_S: are you forcing USB1.1 on the PEz or your computer? How please (I can't find a setting for that in the M$ USB driver).
The only way I found to force USB1.1 on the computer was by doing it in the BIOS. That has the drawback of forcing all the USB ports to USB1.1 My method of forcing USB1.1 for just a set of ports was to put a USB1.1 hub on one of the ports.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:55 AM   #56
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
could we get the a firmware change to allow a setting to allow the user to Force USB1.1 (even if they fix the problem. and it is their problem as none of the many USB2 storage devices I use has this problem).
I agree. This is a problem either with the V5's hardware or software, and Jinke needs to fix it. A USB 1.1 mode via the settings would be an acceptable work-around.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:59 AM   #57
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Like it fails.
I ran a simple test on all my SD cards to see what speed I was getting in the reader (timed a transfer of a 300MB MP3 file): 5.7 - 11.2 MBps
300MB is a good test size, as it will fit in the main storage on the PEz (as shipped).
Robertb's post I was asking about:

Quote:
Please remember that the fastest way to get purchased or downloaded eBooks into the Pocket PRO will always be to use a card reader/writer and put it onto the SD card. That is a breeze to do and very inexpensive.
Looking at the context of his post, it didn't sound (to me) like there were any qualifications on his statement. So when he says "always", he meant to say "always when the USB connection is limited to USB1.1 speeds"?
Old 10-29-2009, 12:09 PM   #58
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
I agree. This is a problem either with the V5's hardware or software, and Jinke needs to fix it. A USB 1.1 mode via the settings would be an acceptable work-around.
Or just force it to USB 1.1 until they get it fixed. It is likely they can also throttle the speed to control the transfer to an acceptable level. They need to fix this.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 01:20 PM   #59
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
I just transferred several large files, through the usb cable to the PEZ.

I didn't have any problems, as I have had NO PROBLEMS at all on any aspects of the PEZ.

One of the earlier posts reminded us that the USB port that you use on your computer needs to be the direct port, not an extension, AND some of the computers use internal extensions to the front or back of the unit.
Before you cry foul that it is all PEZs having problems, check to make sure it's not your computer's ports. It seems only a handful of people have this problem, and by deduction reasoning, it is more likely your computer's hardware or software (i.e., firewall) problem than the firmware of the PEZ which works for everyone else.

I empathize to your problem, but please don't demand a change to something that is working, just because you are having problems.

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 01:45 PM   #60
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
I just transferred several large files, through the usb cable to the PEZ.

I didn't have any problems, as I have had NO PROBLEMS at all on any aspects of the PEZ.
You didn't have a problem with paint?

Quote:
One of the earlier posts reminded us that the USB port that you use on your computer needs to be the direct port, not an extension, AND some of the computers use internal extensions to the front or back of the unit. ...
Could you provide a link? I searched for extension and didn't get any hits. What is an extension, do you mean a hub?