Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-06-2020, 01:35 PM   #1
findog88
findog88 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2
Weird Calibre error when trying to send books to Kobo

I get this error whenever I plug in or try to send books to my kobo. I just recently factory reset it so I don't know what is causing it.
Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Solved! Turns out I had a blank url added to my favourites in my browser causing parsing issues. After deleting it the error went away.

calibre, version 4.22.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

File contains parsing errors: /media/user/KOBOeReader/.kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf
[line 65]: '=\n'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 90, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 594, in _upload_books
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 378, in upload_books
File "ConfigParser.py", line 305, in read
File "ConfigParser.py", line 546, in _read
ParsingError: File contains parsing errors: /media/user/KOBOeReader/.kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf
[line 65]: '=\n'

Last edited by findog88; 08-06-2020 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Solved!
findog88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 09:41 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You should report this to Kobo as a bug. Blank URLs should not be allowed to be saved.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert