Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-16-2017, 10:03 AM   #1
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
Weird behavior with Kobo Touch

Well, after a long hiatus, I factory reset my Kobo Touch and reloaded all my ebooks from Calibre. Out of 1400 books transferred (according to Calibre), only 110 appeared on the Kobo and none appeared in my collections. Instead, the Calibre series information is being created as the collection which is not what it's supposed to.

It's been around 18 months since I last syncronised the Kobo with Calibre, I've updated Calibre and the Kobo plug-ins, and prior to that books used to transfer into the collections as expected. Any ideas on what's gone wrong? I see that series information is being added to titles as well which I don't recall setting up but must have done.

One thing I noticed is that I have the custom column 'My Shelves' in Calibre, but on the Kobo it's 'My Collections'. I seem to recall it used to be 'My Shelves' - should I rename the custom colums to 'My Collections'?

Maybe I should just stick with Marvin on the iPad as it's linked to my cloud storage...
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 12:27 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddz View Post
Well, after a long hiatus, I factory reset my Kobo Touch and reloaded all my ebooks from Calibre. Out of 1400 books transferred (according to Calibre), only 110 appeared on the Kobo
Books not appearing in the Kobo device usually means there was an error in them. The device processes the books when you disconnect. If there are any errors when processing them, then it stops and won't process any more. You need to find the bad one and remove it.
Quote:
and none appeared in my collections. Instead, the Calibre series information is being created as the collection which is not what it's supposed to.

It's been around 18 months since I last syncronised the Kobo with Calibre, I've updated Calibre and the Kobo plug-ins, and prior to that books used to transfer into the collections as expected. Any ideas on what's gone wrong? I see that series information is being added to titles as well which I don't recall setting up but must have done.

One thing I noticed is that I have the custom column 'My Shelves' in Calibre, but on the Kobo it's 'My Collections'. I seem to recall it used to be 'My Shelves' - should I rename the custom colums to 'My Collections'?
The name on the device doesn't matter. Older firmware calls them "Shelves", current firmware calls them "Collections". To have calibre manage the collections, you need to configure the driver. This has an option to set which columns in the calibre library are used. When specifying them, the look-up names have to be used. For custom columns, this starts with a "#". You can see what should be used in the column list in the calibre preferences. Or by hovering the mouse over the column heading in the main calibre view.

If the series info is being added to the book titles when sent to the device, that means you have a metadata plugin defined to do this. Most people use these to allow series sorting in the interface. You will need to remove this before sending more books if you don't want this.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2017, 05:27 AM   #3
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
I think I managed to get this sorted, thanks, now I just need more space on the Kobo... (Even excluding the huge ebooks, I still have more than 1400 ebooks and the Kobo has taken a dislike to the SD card...)
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote