Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-10-2015, 03:38 PM   #1
Chaindrop
Chaindrop began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Kobo Aura: Weird Calibre Behaviour

Each time I add a book to my Kobo Aura, the "Read" tag under collections keeps increasing (see the attached image). Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Thanks in advance!
Chaindrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 04:14 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Without knowing what automation / settings etc you have in place, it's going to be challenging.

Also, on the device itself, what does your Library | My Collections look like? Are there duplicated shelf names there for instance.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2015, 01:12 AM   #3
Chaindrop

Regarding Automation: Using the instructions from here, I made the plugboard below. Noticed though that the recommended setting for Metadata Management is to use "Automatic Management", but I've set mine to "Manual Management". I wonder if that's causing the issue.

I don't have duplicate shelf names under "My Collections". I used the KoboUtilities plugin to verify this. But I noticed that once in a while, when connecting my Aura to Calibre, the series tags of some books in the device gets deleted. I then have to delete the book from the device and re-send it to fix the problem.
Old 01-11-2015, 08:14 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaindrop View Post
Regarding Automation: Using the instructions from here, I made the plugboard below.
The plugboard only affects the book title. It has no affect on the collections the books are in.
Quote:
Noticed though that the recommended setting for Metadata Management is to use "Automatic Management", but I've set mine to "Manual Management". I wonder if that's causing the issue.
Using "Manual Management" means the collection management isn't done. That means any collections shown are ones already defined on the device.
Quote:
I don't have duplicate shelf names under "My Collections". I used the KoboUtilities plugin to verify this. But
What collections are on the device for these books? Do you have a collection called "Read"? Are these books marked as "Finished" on the device?
Quote:
I noticed that once in a while, when connecting my Aura to Calibre, the series tags of some books in the device gets deleted. I then have to delete the book from the device and re-send it to fix the problem.
The series info only gets set on the device if you have the option set, and metadata management is automatic or by using the utilities plugin. For either of these methods, the book has to have been processed by the device into the library. That means the series info can't be set until the next connection to calibre after the book has been sent. If the series info is missing, it usually means this hasn't happened.

Another reason for the series info to disappear is if the device thinks the book has changed. If the file size of the book is different from what is in the device database, the book will be removed from the library and added as a new book. The driver updates the database if you are resending a book, but, if you replace the book on the device by some other method, or edited the copy that is on the device, it will probably change file size and the device will reprocess it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 02:56 AM   #5
Chaindrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Another reason for the series info to disappear is if the device thinks the book has changed. If the file size of the book is different from what is in the device database, the book will be removed from the library and added as a new book. The driver updates the database if you are resending a book, but, if you replace the book on the device by some other method, or edited the copy that is on the device, it will probably change file size and the device will reprocess it.
Thanks for the reply. I need to do some troubleshooting, but I think that you might be onto something here.

I really wish that Sony decides to compete again with Kobo and Kindle. Never had this issue with my PRS-T1.
Advert