Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-19-2012, 02:12 PM   #1
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
An Open Letter to My Canadian Friends, and Kobo

Dear Canadians,

I would like to sincerely apologize for any failed attempts by the United States to invade Canada. I want you to understand, we never meant anything personal, we just didn't understand why you liked the British better than us. And, I certainly don't condone the outrageous behavior displayed by Kindle or Barnes & Noble holding their products back from the Canadian market. In fact, I stand ready to join you in any responsible protest (or rowdy for that matter) aimed against companies engaged in those despicable practices, now that I fully understand how really hateful they are.*

So why can't we let bygones be bygones and stop this infernal delaying and just go ahead let me buy a Kobo Glow ..please?**

I mean seriously, it would really make me happy and I promise I won't act arrogant, anymore.

Sincerely Your American Neighbor and Friend,
fbr

*I am also, ready to stand shoulder to shoulder with my European, Australian, and Asian brothers and sisters suffering from the effects of these same shameful practices, although, I will require airfare and either an Onyx or Icarus e-reader as a sign of solidarity (also,please note the exception for pink colored e-readers below).

** I really prefer the black one but I would be willing to accept a white one (with the silver or blue back, no pink please.), and some people think we are arrogant ..go figure?

Last edited by fbrII; 10-19-2012 at 02:15 PM.
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:16 PM   #2
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Maybe you should use the Canadian name for the reader (Kobo Glo), instead of the American name of the reader (Kobo Glow). Eh.

Last edited by John F; 10-19-2012 at 02:42 PM.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2012, 02:17 PM   #3
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage

You know what, in France it was released on october the 3rd and I have mine (a white with silver back) till october the 4th... oops, I'm already gone
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:27 PM   #4
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Maybe you should use the Canadian name for the reader (Kobo Glo), instead of the American name of the reader (Kobo Glow). Eh.
Sorry, I only had one semester of Canadian in high school.

Quote:
You know what, in France it was released on october the 3rd and I have mine (a white with silver back) till october the 4th... oops, I'm already gone
I'm think we need to work harder on this solidarity thing.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:42 PM   #5
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrII View Post
Sorry, I only had one semester of Canadian in high school.
I'm guessing you we're out the day they covered the chapter entitled 'Les Québécoises'?
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2012, 04:25 PM   #6
fbrII
F. BluDevil

Quote:
I'm guessing you we're out the day they covered the chapter entitled 'Les Québécoises'?
Well actually, je suis un Québécois, my g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-great Grandfather sailed into Beauport somewhere around the 1660's - 1670's (there is actually a memorial/monument to the orginal pioneers in Beauport and his name is engraved on it. And, my g-g- ...Grandmother was also one of the "filles du roi".) My great-great grandfather drifted down to Massachusetts two hundred years later to find work and because of that, I can't buy a Kobo??

C'est pas juste - mon amis!

Is this the way we want our Canadian ancestors treated?

Last edited by fbrII; 10-19-2012 at 04:51 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:15 PM   #7
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek
NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: One of each, and two in some cases
I'm with you, fbr! Send the Kobo Glo south of the (Canadian) border, please!

I never thought I'd miss the ferry that ran, briefly, between Rochester and Toronto.
NNolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:38 PM   #8
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
Quote:
Quel dommage!
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:07 PM   #9
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Dear Canadians,

I would like to sincerely apologize for any failed attempts by the United States to invade Canada.
Well ... If you promise to keep Celine and Justin......
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:13 PM   #10
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
My great-great grandfather drifted down to Massachusetts two hundred years later to find work and because of that, I can't buy a Kobo??

Yup. Them thar Canadinandians sure do hold a grudge!
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:24 PM   #11
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Well actually, je suis un Québécois, my g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-great Grandfather sailed into Beauport somewhere around the 1660's - 1670's (there is actually a memorial/monument to the orginal pioneers in Beauport and his name is engraved on it. And, my g-g- ...Grandmother was also one of the "filles du roi".) My great-great grandfather drifted down to Massachusetts two hundred years later to find work and because of that, I can't buy a Kobo??

You mean descendants of course... But you realize that your ancestors n'ont pas fait le bon choix? Alors tu en subi les conséquences aujourd'hui... They should have come back (mine did), and then you would already have your Glo (as well as medicare)
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:50 PM   #12
fbrII
F. BluDevil

Quote:
Well ... If you promise to keep Celine and Justin......
Neil Young and the Cowboy Junkies or a black Kobo Glo with a night cover. I am trying to be reasonable.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:55 PM   #13
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:03 PM   #14
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Implying that Kobo is a Canadian brand ?

Quote:
So why can't we let bygones be bygones and stop this infernal delaying and just go ahead let me buy a Kobo Glow ..please?**
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:08 PM   #15
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Kobo was a Canadian firm; initially an outshoot of Chapters / Indigo, a major bricks amd mortar book reseller in Canada.

Chapters / Indigo subsequently sold Kobo to Rakutan; a very large Japanese corporation.

Kobo is still based in Canada.