Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 02-25-2010, 07:50 PM   #1
jwsheets
Connoisseur
jwsheets began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
6" V5?

My wife has the V-5 and I have the V-3. Both are great products. I personally like the larger screen, but there is one aspect of the PP that I wish I had, the lever on the right side for page turns. The V-3 button placement is just awkward to me. If I am reading epubs I rotate the screen and it is better, but I have some mobi files and mobi doesn't offer the rotate screen option. Any chance of a 6" with the extra lever?
jwsheets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:07 PM   #2
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Scroll wheel love

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwsheets View Post
My wife has the V-5 and I have the V-3. Both are great products. I personally like the larger screen, but there is one aspect of the PP that I wish I had, the lever on the right side for page turns. The V-3 button placement is just awkward to me. If I am reading epubs I rotate the screen and it is better, but I have some mobi files and mobi doesn't offer the rotate screen option. Any chance of a 6" with the extra lever?
Dear JW:

No argument from me on that scroll wheel. I thought it was superflous until I found myself reading relentlessly during late evenings at Trade Shows. Once I tried that scroll wheel for page turning I was hooked. It JUST seems way faster to me.

There are no plans, I asked, at the factory to come out with a V3-B. They will be coming out with a new generation of 6 inch... but those will use keyboards and touch screen and such. Astak will carry those I believe... but no scroll wheel except on V5.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:07 AM   #3
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I love the scroll wheel on my PDA, but on the Mini it's on the wrong side (for me). So, I hardly use it...

But it is the best way to turn pages, I agree
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:29 PM   #4
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Maybe Jinke might put a scroll wheel in the A6 in the future...would be nice.
Acreo Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:18 AM   #5
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Add in my vote for the 'page flipper', too. Despite holding the PEZ in my left hand, I like using the flipper on the right side. Go figure.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote