Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-07-2009, 03:08 PM   #16
clarknova
Addict
clarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with others

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FooSoft View Post
Nice work with the gradient shots! Now I'll be able to predither images in Mangle, should trim size down a bit
Cool, I remapped some existing Mangle output to the K2 / K1 color maps with imagemagick and saw some nice results for size, so this will be good space saver for the K2's limited memory.

Now if only we could get centering as an option as well then I wouldn't have to do any Mangle post-processing at all.
clarknova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:11 PM   #17
FooSoft
FooSoft began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenmoy View Post
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=10

In the Picture Viewer:
C - Toggle Actual Size [This overrides all other image effects]
F - Toggle Full Screen <-- forget this for now since Kindle 2 Image Viewer has a bug regarding to full screen mode.
Q - Zoom In
W - Zoom Out
R - Rotate
e = reset zoom level

The 5 way joystick can be used as panning.

P.S. I should have also mentioned that Mangle is great. I guess I have used too many other Swiss-army-knife-like image viewer that preprocess is just too much trouble to go through.
Haha, yeah rotation and panning not an option on Kindle 1 with latest firmware. It's good that they are starting to make it into a decent image viewer on Kindle 2 at least. I wonder if they fixed the random glitchy image loading (certain images appear fine on PC but corrupted on Kindle).

Last edited by FooSoft; 03-07-2009 at 03:13 PM.
FooSoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2009, 03:13 PM   #18
FooSoft

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarknova View Post
Cool, I remapped some existing Mangle output to the K2 / K1 color maps with imagemagick and saw some nice results for size, so this will be good space saver for the K2's limited memory.

Now if only we could get centering as an option as well then I wouldn't have to do any Mangle post-processing at all.
Centering? You mean like that option in bottom right?

Last edited by FooSoft; 03-07-2009 at 04:03 PM.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:15 PM   #19
clarknova
Addict
clarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooSoft View Post
You mean like this?

Goodbye imagemagick + shell script. Hello export-directly-to-Kindle.

Awesome. Thanks!
clarknova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:16 PM   #20
stevenmoy
Zealot
stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Can you post the image that shows up corrupt in Kindle 1? Thx.
stevenmoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2009, 03:18 PM   #21
stevenmoy
Zealot
stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

In Kindle 2, if you are not in full screen mode, it automatically centers to the screen.
stevenmoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:53 PM   #22
FooSoft

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenmoy View Post
Can you post the image that shows up corrupt in Kindle 1? Thx.
Sure, two examples:

(Source image http://pub.foosoft.net/embed/correct1.png)

(Source image http://pub.foosoft.net/embed/correct2.png)

In addition to these problems with PNGs some JPEGs will simply not load.

Last edited by FooSoft; 03-07-2009 at 04:04 PM.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:46 AM   #23
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Also, don't hit "1" in the Kindle 2 image viewer or you'll have to reboot your Kindle to get pictures to display properly again.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:51 AM   #24
lordsilent
Enthusiast
lordsilent began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700
I am glad ebook readers display manga so well. Its one of my main reasons for being interested in purchasing one.
lordsilent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:26 AM   #25
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
That would irritate the hell out of me
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:20 PM   #26
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
It's giving me some problems--Embedded Profile Mismatch (so it's asking me whether to use, discard, or convert the color profile at every page), and it's stopping to confirm the Levels selection.

This means every image gives two stopping points, which rather spoils the use of a batch process. Is there something I'm doing wrong with Photoshop (I'm not very experienced with batch processes), or some setting I could toggle to not stop to ask me for an "ok" click on each of these?
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote