Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-27-2017, 05:29 PM   #1
deback
Book E d i t o r
deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Laptop
Is there a plugin to make non-linear items linear?

Is there a plugin to make non-linear items linear? And possibly to mark both the titlepage.xhtml and the cover image file as the cover image?

This would help to prevent the cover image from being duplicated during conversion (resulting in a broken image in the second cover image page) -- and from having to edit books to remove the page that has a broken image and to fix the non-linear error that Calibre always finds.

Thank you.

Last edited by deback; 11-27-2017 at 07:02 PM.
deback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 08:21 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You seem to keep asking variations of this question.

Case: You have 4 images in your book. Which one is the cover?
There is no hard and fast naming convention.
The first image (used) may not be a cover at all (no real cover)
The first image FILENAME in the spine, may not be the cover.
e-book editor: DEBUG has the option to mark non-linear items Linear
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 08:33 PM   #3
deback
Book E d i t o r
deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Actually, my questions have all been different and specific, even though they might be related.

The titlepage.xhtml is almost always the first page, which almost always includes the cover image. This is the way it is with most or all of the books I've been working with.

Thank you for your response and for your help in the past!
Old 11-27-2017, 11:01 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by deback View Post
Actually, my questions have all been different and specific, even though they might be related.

The titlepage.xhtml is almost always the first page, which almost always includes the cover image. This is the way it is with most or all of the books I've been working with.

Thank you for your response and for your help in the past!
You are assuming these are Calibre generated/updated sources
I have many books from publishers that use their own naming. That is not an incorrect practice. The Semantics identifies the purpose of a file.

I choose to hand edit each book and 'clean my way'. (eg remove indented from CENTERED ). On fairly clean books, less than 5 minutes.
Some books just offend my sensibilities. Baen (Post Arnold era) gain a <div for each chapter. I run my Baen-de-div looped as many as there are chapters. lots cleaner looking (code) , even if there is no visible render difference
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 12:30 AM   #5
deback
Book E d i t o r

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You are assuming these are Calibre generated/updated sources
I have many books from publishers that use their own naming. That is not an incorrect practice. The Semantics identifies the purpose of a file.

I choose to hand edit each book and 'clean my way'. (eg remove indented from CENTERED ). On fairly clean books, less than 5 minutes.
Some books just offend my sensibilities. Baen (Post Arnold era) gain a <div for each chapter. I run my Baen-de-div looped as many as there are chapters. lots cleaner looking (code) , even if there is no visible render difference
When I said "titlepage.xhtml," I was referring to the top page, no matter what the actual filename is. I was not assuming anything. I followed up that comment with this: "This is the way it is with most or all of the books I've been working with." (That is, the top page...whatever the filename is...contains the cover image...normally.)

Last edited by deback; 11-28-2017 at 06:06 AM.