Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-23-2017, 06:57 AM   #1
PluralPunk
PluralPunk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Converted azw3 ebook page 1 error?

I have an epub book converted to azw3. When I read the azw3 on my Kindle Paperwhite, the page number always says "page 1" no matter where I am in the book. Even looking at the table of contents, all chapters are indicated to be in page 1. I checked the epub and read in iBooks, page numbering is working. Is this a conversion problem? How do I fix this?
PluralPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 07:41 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This will happen if the book has markup the kindle does not like, like putting all text in a giant table or similar.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 07:48 AM   #3
PluralPunk

Thanks for the reply. How do I fix this? What should I look for?
Old 11-23-2017, 02:06 PM   #4
deback
Book E d i t o r
deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Laptop
Open Edit Book and delete the page-map.xml file that's in the azw3 file (near the bottom of the list of files at the left).
deback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 11:33 PM   #5
PluralPunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by deback View Post
Open Edit Book and delete the page-map.xml file that's in the azw3 file (near the bottom of the list of files at the left).
Tried it now but couldn't find it in the Files Browser of the edit software. Is that where it should be?