Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-17-2019, 09:19 AM   #1
wizz
Enthusiast
wizz has learned how to read e-bookswizz has learned how to read e-bookswizz has learned how to read e-bookswizz has learned how to read e-bookswizz has learned how to read e-bookswizz has learned how to read e-bookswizz has learned how to read e-books

Device: Poke2, Hisense A5
First Oasis is getting unstable with version 5.11.1.1

Currently my Oasis (first one) is showing some weird behavior like as an invisible finger is touching my screen. So showing bookmarks, home screen then freezing for a second etc. After a minute it seems stable for 5 to 10 min and then it starts over again. Its truly annoying.

I had this some 8 months before just after a software update. After the next update it was alright. Now with the latest update 5.11.1.1 I have the same problem again. In my opinion it is strongly correlated to the software update. But maybe I am mistaken.

So I have a 2 questions:
Do others encounter the same problems?
Is it possible to go back to the previous version?

Cheers, Frank
wizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 12:49 PM   #2
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizz View Post
Currently my Oasis (first one) is showing some weird behavior like as an invisible finger is touching my screen. So showing bookmarks, home screen then freezing for a second etc. After a minute it seems stable for 5 to 10 min and then it starts over again. Its truly annoying.

I had this some 8 months before just after a software update. After the next update it was alright. Now with the latest update 5.11.1.1 I have the same problem again. In my opinion it is strongly correlated to the software update. But maybe I am mistaken.

So I have a 2 questions:
Do others encounter the same problems?
Is it possible to go back to the previous version?

Cheers, Frank
Have you tried doing a factory reset?

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2019, 01:21 PM   #3
wizz
Enthusiast
wizz has learned how to read e-bookswizz has learned how to read e-bookswizz has learned how to read e-bookswizz has learned how to read e-bookswizz has learned how to read e-bookswizz has learned how to read e-bookswizz has learned how to read e-books

I did reset the kindle so all downloaded content is removed and I have to login again. But the software version didn't change to its original. Problem still exists.
Old 05-17-2019, 08:00 PM   #4
sdpetersen
sdpetersen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sdpetersen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sdpetersen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sdpetersen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sdpetersen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sdpetersen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sdpetersen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sdpetersen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sdpetersen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sdpetersen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sdpetersen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I am also having problems with the Oasis. It freezes at times. It fails to wake up. Selecting text is slow. It uses a new method when selecting text. Before, your finger would shade the text you were selecting. Now your finger first underlines the text and the underline changes to shading after waiting a few seconds. I would also like to downgrade.
sdpetersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 08:05 PM   #5
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Downgrading isn't possible, as far as I know. You should report to Amazon, so they'll release a fix.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2019, 09:09 PM   #6
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpetersen View Post
I am also having problems with the Oasis. It freezes at times. It fails to wake up. Selecting text is slow. It uses a new method when selecting text. Before, your finger would shade the text you were selecting. Now your finger first underlines the text and the underline changes to shading after waiting a few seconds. I would also like to downgrade.
Nuke the Your Clippings file. But before you do, connect to computer and note how large it is and back it up if you care about what is in it.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 02:40 AM   #7
wizz
Enthusiast

In my case there is no Clippings file to be found.
Old 05-20-2019, 09:14 AM   #8
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizz View Post
In my case there is no Clippings file to be found.
Ok--that means that you've never highlighted anything or created any bookmarks. You said that you reset the Kindle. How many books have you loaded back onto it? Are all of the books sideloaded, or downloaded from Amazon?

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote