Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-29-2011, 05:21 PM   #31
rana
Gadget Freak
rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: SonyPRS505,Kindle1,NokiaN810,VilivX70, SmrtQ7,JoinTechJE100,NookColor
Any idea when CM 7.1 stable for NookColor will come out ? It has been at RC for a long time, no?

Also, where can I find the 7.1 RC. I can only see the nightlies on this page:

http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?typ...&device=encore
rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:38 PM   #32
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rana View Post
Any idea when CM 7.1 stable for NookColor will come out ? It has been at RC for a long time, no?

Also, where can I find the 7.1 RC. I can only see the nightlies on this page:

http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?typ...&device=encore
The only difference between the RC and the nightlies is that the nightlies are more up-to-date. My strategy if I feel like updating is to check out the last couple pages of this thread for any trouble reports, then download the latest at-least-a-day-old nightly. Also, just because you install one nightly doesn't mean you have to keep up with them night-after-night, or even weekly or monthly--if it works for you, just leave it be until you get curious again, or until 7.1 stable.

As for when that will be, who knows? Apparently the main hold up was just that the handful of people at the core of the CyanogenMod project have had a lot of other things on their plates. This blog post gives me some hope that 7.1 stable is not too far off, and doubles my anticipation because they'll be adding support for my recently acquired Xperia X10 phone: http://www.cyanogenmod.com/blog/sony...xperia-support
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2011, 12:37 PM   #33
jasoraso
Addict
jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Touch, Nook Color (rooted) and Samsung Galaxy Nexus
CM7.1 is now officially released, including for the Nook Color!
jasoraso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:14 PM   #34
goldberry
Groupie
goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindles (wife's), now obsolete Nook and Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasoraso View Post
Any other info? did it change at all from the RC version from months ago or did they simply decide that it worked fine.
goldberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:39 PM   #35
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I was beginning to wonder which we'd see first--CM7.1 stable or CM8 (Ice Cream Sandwich)

As far as what's changed, there have been two months of nightly changes. For one thing, it's Gingerbread 2.3.7 rather than 2.3.5. Otherwise, though, I don't think anything dramatic. I'm not sure if multiboot and fastboot came before or after the RC.

Supposedly my phone (X10) will be supported! No download available yet, though.
Advert
Old 10-10-2011, 04:06 PM   #36
emt
Nameless Being

Quote:
Anyone installed this using Verygreen's SD card installer?
Old 10-13-2011, 01:34 PM   #37
goldberry
Groupie
goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emt View Post
Anyone installed this using Verygreen's SD card installer?
That's why I would like to find out if 7.1 stable is identical to 7.1 RC which I installed using his SD card installer.

Guess I will have to pose the question on XDA somewhere probably CM7 general or Verygreens thread. Hate posting on XDA though as the volume of posts is huge.
Old 10-13-2011, 03:12 PM   #38
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldberry View Post
That's why I would like to find out if 7.1 stable is identical to 7.1 RC which I installed using his SD card installer.

Guess I will have to pose the question on XDA somewhere probably CM7 general or Verygreens thread. Hate posting on XDA though as the volume of posts is huge.
I'm pretty sure there's been a ton of small changes in the nightlies. I doubt it's the same as RC1.

In the official CM7.1 thread on XDA it sounds like 7.1 stable is basically nightly 215.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:35 PM   #39
taosaur
intelligent posterior

Quote:

You were looking for something more than this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
As far as what's changed, there have been two months of nightly changes. For one thing, it's Gingerbread 2.3.7 rather than 2.3.5. Otherwise, though, I don't think anything dramatic. I'm not sure if multiboot and fastboot came before or after the RC.
?

Sorry if I didn't make it clear I was responding to your question. I want to say the RC did not have the built in boot menu (so, for instance, you can boot into stock without removing your SD card) or the radically improved boot times. LCD Density default was changed to 160, to avoid Market errors. Otherwise, there haven't been many NC-specific changes, and mostly a lot of small performance improvements and tidying up the code.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:30 AM   #40
goldberry
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
You were looking for something more than this...

?

Sorry if I didn't make it clear I was responding to your question. I want to say the RC did not have the built in boot menu (so, for instance, you can boot into stock without removing your SD card) or the radically improved boot times. LCD Density default was changed to 160, to avoid Market errors. Otherwise, there haven't been many NC-specific changes, and mostly a lot of small performance improvements and tidying up the code.
What you seem to be saying is that the stable 7.1 contains changes from the recent nightlies. I am not sure I agree with this ( the whole point of the stable is that it is thoroughly tested) and have posted a request to clarify on the forum.cyanogenmod.com

I have read that the lcd density is still 161 on the stable version which would indicate to me that it doesn`t contain the recent changes.

Hopefully this can be clarified, currently travelling but when I get back I will back up my card and then put on the stable to see if I see any difference.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:11 PM   #41
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Hopefully this can be clarified, currently travelling but when I get back I will back up my card and then put on the stable to see if I see any difference.
Please let us know what the differences. I'm running the RC, and I'm happy with it. Let us know if there's a good reason to update.

Thanks!
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:48 PM   #42
jasoraso
Addict
jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Touch, Nook Color (rooted) and Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
Please let us know what the differences. I'm running the RC, and I'm happy with it. Let us know if there's a good reason to update.

Thanks!
I haven't seen a comprehensive list of all the changes, but basically, the new 7.1 release is the stable version of the nightlies, which includes many incremental changes. I'm not sure of the date of the 7.1 RC, to be able to say what changed since then, but some of the changes include setting the dpi to 160 (this is confirmed in the 7.1 stable release) which provides for a better experience with the newer Android Market. The Android Base has been updated to 2.3.7, from 2.3.4.

A few other changes include better dual-boot support, the kernel supports overclocking to 1200 mhz, the ability to use the Market App "Nook Tweaks" to adjust color bit depth to 32bit instead of the default 16bit (this may cause 3d rendering to run slower) or adjust the sound output level higher (to compensate for the weak system sound level).

The 7.1 release has many other smaller changes, including many other changes for other devices that aren't necessarily applicable to the Nook. I don't know if 7.1RC had the deep sleep issue already resolved, but if not that would be the most important reason to update.

Note that 7.1 stable is still susceptible to the "sleep of death" occasionally - that occurs from leaving the wifi on when the device goes to sleep.
jasoraso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:51 PM   #43
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:

The 7.1 release has many other smaller changes, including many other changes for other devices that aren't necessarily applicable to the Nook. I don't know if 7.1RC had the deep sleep issue already resolved, but if not that would be the most important reason to update.
It did.

Quote:
Note that 7.1 stable is still susceptible to the "sleep of death" occasionally - that occurs from leaving the wifi on when the device goes to sleep.
I frequently do that, but other than running the battery down, I haven't had a problem. Is there something else I should be worried about?
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 03:45 PM   #44
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
I frequently do that, but other than running the battery down, I haven't had a problem. Is there something else I should be worried about?
All it means is sometimes you have to plug it in, or hard-reboot it, to get it to wake up. It doesn't actually DIE.

I had no sleep of death for quite some time, but I've been getting them intermittently on the latest couple of dozen nightlies, a bit more often. Maybe once a week.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:21 PM   #45
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
I just installed the new stable edition and can't figure out how to get five slots in the app dock on the bottom of the page. I'm still at three, but I have seen screen shots with the five slots.

Can anyone tell me how to add the two extra slots?
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote