Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-12-2011, 05:56 PM   #46
MikeFromMesa
Enthusiast
MikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheese

Device: Nook Color
Aha!

So that is what I need to do. I would never have guessed it. Thanks so much!

I don't have access to the NC at present, but will try this when I do again. Probably next week.

Thanks so much for the help. Now if you know how to increase the size of those teeny tiny icons, that would also be a big help. I can see them without problem, but this device is for my wife.
MikeFromMesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 06:33 PM   #47
goldberry
Groupie
goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindles (wife's), now obsolete Nook and Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
A lot of people (including me at first) don't realize that CM7 doesn't automatically mount any storage when you plug in the USB. You need to go through notifications (expand the status bar upward, or hit the green-arrow-in-a-broken-circle button) to the USB screen and "Turn on USB transfer." If you're running CM7 from SD, it will then mount the system (not boot) partition as if it were internal storage and the remaining partition as "SDcard" (though technically both are on the SD card). I never bothered exploring whether you can get it to also mount the eMMC.

In ES File Manager you have to go into Settings and point "Extra Storage" at /emmc to get at the internal storage, but after that you have access to everywhere except, as far as I can tell, the boot partitions.

My NC is running the latest stable CM7 from SD with dalingren's OC kernel @1.3Ghz. On the eMMC I have un-rooted stock 1.2 and ClockworkMod Recovery (that was quasi-accidental, but has come in handy). All of the details of how I got my build except the overclock are in the link in my sig.
ES File Manager I touch the little home icon on the top left. Looked for the settings / extra. Storage. But cannot find on my version but it sounds better as it sometimes takes me a few tries
goldberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 07:37 PM   #48
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldberry View Post
ES File Manager I touch the little home icon on the top left. Looked for the settings / extra. Storage. But cannot find on my version but it sounds better as it sometimes takes me a few tries
You know what? I was thinking of a different app (Elixir). You don't have to do anything to point to eMMC with ES, just navigate back to the root directory and choose the folder "emmc." Your home screen will default to the "sdcard" folder (storage partition), but if you hit the button with the sdcard icon, it will take you back to the root directory.

Sorry for the confusion.

ETA: corrected info in the erroneous post

Last edited by taosaur; 05-15-2011 at 10:01 AM.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 02:18 AM   #49
irisclara
irisclara is on a distinguished road

Device: eee 900ha, CM7 Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeFromMesa View Post
So that is what I need to do. I would never have guessed it. Thanks so much!

I don't have access to the NC at present, but will try this when I do again. Probably next week.

Thanks so much for the help. Now if you know how to increase the size of those teeny tiny icons, that would also be a big help. I can see them without problem, but this device is for my wife.
It depends on which launcher you're using but in zeam you would go settings softkey-preferences-workspace-columns (or rows). What you are doing is controlling the number of columns and rows of icons which makes them (and your gadgets) resize. Fewer rows or columns means bigger icons. In the dock I don't know if you can resize the icons but you can increase the spacing between them. I assume adw or whatever other launcher has similar settings.
irisclara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:09 AM   #50
MikeFromMesa
Enthusiast
MikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheese

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
It depends on which launcher you're using but in zeam you would go settings softkey-preferences-workspace-columns (or rows).
I had tried this with the default launcher. I halved the number hoping that it would increase the size of the icons, but it made no difference. Perhaps if I used a different launcher the problem would disappear? When I again get my hands on the NC I will add a different launcher and try.

Thanks for the idea.
MikeFromMesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:41 AM   #51
goldberry
Groupie
goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindles (wife's), now obsolete Nook and Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeFromMesa View Post
I had tried this with the default launcher. I halved the number hoping that it would increase the size of the icons, but it made no difference. Perhaps if I used a different launcher the problem would disappear? When I again get my hands on the NC I will add a different launcher and try.

Thanks for the idea.
The easiest way to increase the size of your icons is probably just download this free app "LCDDensity" the only problem with it I have found is that you have to adjust the sizes again on each reboot.

There is a slider which lets you custom the size up from the default of 161 or you can pick 180 200 etc.

Try it.
goldberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:14 AM   #52
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by irisclara View Post
The only strange thing is that I can only sideload onto the card when it is in the nook and the nook is plugged in to my computer. It won't work if I put the card in a card reader or the card slot on my computer.
Does the computer not recognize your card at all, or just show you a ~1GB folder with some odd-looking files in it? Windows will only read the first partition on the SD card, and on a bootable card, that's the boot partition. Most people recommend EASUS Partition Manager (for Windows) if you want to see the rest, but I haven't tried it--it's simpler to just use USB or go over WiFi with ES File Manager.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 01:17 AM   #53
irisclara
irisclara is on a distinguished road

Device: eee 900ha, CM7 Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
Does the computer not recognize your card at all, or just show you a ~1GB folder with some odd-looking files in it? Windows will only read the first partition on the SD card, and on a bootable card, that's the boot partition. Most people recommend EASUS Partition Manager (for Windows) if you want to see the rest, but I haven't tried it--it's simpler to just use USB or go over WiFi with ES File Manager.
That's the bunny. I found the same as you and just use the cable.
irisclara is offline   Reply With Quote