Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-27-2023, 11:23 AM   #16
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, not really. Your earlier screenshots show a full path the later ones do not.

If you have a non-damaged metadata.db and the corresponding files in the subfolders, and you choose the parent folder containing the metadata.db it will work. If it doesnt then either your metadata.db is damaged or you are not doing what you think you are.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 12:08 PM   #17
Pamelane
Pamelane began at the beginning.

Device: Mac to iPad
It's the earliest screenshots to which I refer…those that show clearly the folder I'm selecting in the Switch dialog. Then your concern was naturally that the Library folder should contain actual author folders with ebooks and cover images in. So I then sent snaps to show, not full paths, but the Library requirements. If there's a good way to catch everything at once do tell as my limited brain Doesn't see it.

Must let a deep scan finish before I can make a backup. Hope I may take your silence re. the reduced metadata file as lack of concern. If it matters little I'll stop recovery efforts now. Otherwise many thanks again and I'll see you in a few hours.
Pamelane is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2023, 11:50 PM   #18
Pamelane
Pamelane began at the beginning.

Device: Mac to iPad
All is well. I DID have a backup—the original folder I'd forgotten on the drive I was copying to. It started right up with all the books and covers displayed in all their glory. Really...thanks ever so much for staying with me through what must have been trying. If it matters I think the futile attempts might be related to a directory problem flagged by one of the recovery solutions.

Last edited by Pamelane; 01-27-2023 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Punctuation
Pamelane is offline   Reply With Quote