Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-18-2022, 07:54 PM   #1261
coaster71
coaster71 began at the beginning.

Device: none
That looks like it was the issue. I had assumed it was local to the Python environment and hadn't followed the switch to Wayland as default in recent Ubuntu versions. Thanks for the tip.
coaster71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2022, 11:57 AM   #1262
nuke
nuke began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle K3, Paperwhite 2021, Scribe 1
Hello,
I've just downloaded the plug in and have a general use question.
I have a couple of Kindles and would like a different & separate reading list for each device (Paperwhite, G3, Scribe).
I'd like to send different books to each device however each Kindle shows up as "Amazon Kindle" in the Devices tab. So I can't tell which device should be connected to each reading list.
Is there something I can do to better identify the actual device?
Thank you.
nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2022, 04:55 PM   #1263
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke View Post
Hello,
I've just downloaded the plug in and have a general use question.
I have a couple of Kindles and would like a different & separate reading list for each device (Paperwhite, G3, Scribe).
I'd like to send different books to each device however each Kindle shows up as "Amazon Kindle" in the Devices tab. So I can't tell which device should be connected to each reading list.
Is there something I can do to better identify the actual device?
Thank you.
There is a configuration file written to each device by calibre that you can edit and change the name for that particular device.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2022, 12:12 PM   #1264
nuke

Quote:
There is a configuration file written to each device by calibre that you can edit and change the name for that particular device.
Thank you @kiwidude.
Where can I find the configuration file?
Old 12-27-2022, 12:23 PM   #1265
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Thank you @kiwidude.
Where can I find the configuration file?
Configuration files (when used) are stored with the plugin files in the Calibre configuration folder Plugins folder. They usually have the sama base name as the PI (sometimes there is also a JSON file). You can copy these to other installations (assume the PI was installed first), so all your systems have the sam playing field

BTW remember to backup the entire configuration folder every once in a while
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2022, 01:37 PM   #1266
nuke

Thank you @theducks.

I found the file named: Reading List.json that contained the "name". I edited this file and changed the name and now it shows up properly in the ReadlingList devices.

Thanks again for your help.
Old 12-27-2022, 08:01 PM   #1267
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Request, if reasonable: The option to show an additional user-defined column in the list editor.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 02:43 AM   #1268
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thank you @theducks.

I found the file named: Reading List.json that contained the "name". I edited this file and changed the name and now it shows up properly in the ReadlingList devices.

Thanks again for your help.
That actually isn't the configuration file I was referring to - I meant the driveinfo.calibre file that is written to the root of your device by calibre when you plug it in. On windows you should be able to access it in the root of the device when it is mounted as a drive. Changing it there means that regardless of which instance of calibre (or other plugin) you might attach it to in the future it would have the "new" name that you want for it.
Old 01-08-2023, 09:01 PM   #1269
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Question: When View Manager applies sorts, what is the fallback? I created a test view that sorted by a 'read status' column and then applied it to a VL where every book is 'unread' but it didn't change the sort.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 06:20 PM   #1270
coaster71
coaster71 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Error when trying to remove book in "Edit List" view

Moving up and down works OK as does using the drop down menu to remove a book, but when clicking on the "X" to remove a book in the "Edit List" view an error is thrown that looks to be an undefined rows variable.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2023-01-19 15-08-16.png
Views:	55
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	199137  
coaster71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 07:55 PM   #1271
kiwidude

Quote:
Originally Posted by coaster71 View Post
Moving up and down works OK as does using the drop down menu to remove a book, but when clicking on the "X" to remove a book in the "Edit List" view an error is thrown that looks to be an undefined rows variable.
Thanks for reporting that, I will take a look.

Apologies to those who may have posted on various of my plugin threads recently and not seen a response as yet. Real-life issues - I relocated to the opposite side of the world in December for my work, bought a house which I move into next month so chaos to deal with for that given I own no furniture to fill it with. My computer equipment etc won't arrive in the country for another month or so (hopefully still working!).

Not in a position to do my usual nerdy hours of after hours development lately to chip in much here until I get moved in. I do read the posts, any bugs I will fix when I get a chance but other than that hopefully the community can help respond where needed. So not disappeared again, just lurking for a while longer before I can do another dev catchup blitz on some pending changes...

Last edited by kiwidude; 01-21-2023 at 07:57 PM.
Old 01-22-2023, 01:11 AM   #1272
kiwidude

Reading List v1.15.1

Release Notes:
https://github.com/kiwidude68/calibr...g_list-v1.15.1

Fixes the bug reported by @coaster71
Old 01-22-2023, 02:31 AM   #1273
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Thanks for reporting that, I will take a look.

Apologies to those who may have posted on various of my plugin threads recently and not seen a response as yet. Real-life issues - I relocated to the opposite side of the world in December for my work, bought a house which I move into next month so chaos to deal with for that given I own no furniture to fill it with. My computer equipment etc won't arrive in the country for another month or so (hopefully still working!).

Not in a position to do my usual nerdy hours of after hours development lately to chip in much here until I get moved in. I do read the posts, any bugs I will fix when I get a chance but other than that hopefully the community can help respond where needed. So not disappeared again, just lurking for a while longer before I can do another dev catchup blitz on some pending changes...
Good luck with the change and the move (and crossing fingers for you computer equipment).
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 12:45 PM   #1274
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Good luck with the change and the move (and crossing fingers for you computer equipment).
+1
I have moved a few time, but never between countries.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 08:57 PM   #1275
Trimbuk2
Trimbuk2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2007, Android(Huawei)
Hello!

thank you so much for this add-on, I have just discovered it and it has solved the problem of struggling with syncing all my books to my device.

just one question, would it be possible that when you select the automatic sending of new books you can select to send in batches? so as not to saturate the computer (or as in my case I ran out of storage space, and did not achieve the synchronization).
Trimbuk2 is offline   Reply With Quote