Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-28-2022, 07:24 AM   #451
philja
Zealot
philja began at the beginning.

Device: none
update for flatpak users of Sigil on Linux

Before getting too involved in making my own build - although I did look at DiapDealer's remarkably clear instructions - I made a visit to the Sigil flatpak's github site.

I posted an 'issue' about the matter of difficulty for the plugin to get in touch with java. I also mentioned ODTimport which also needs java.

Overnight, this issue has been taken into account with an update pushed. The Readme has also been updated to state :

Quote:
For plugins that need java runtime

flatpak install flathub org.freedesktop.Sdk.Extension.openjdk17//22.08
I used that line of code to install openjdk17 and installed the updated flatpak version of Sigil 1.9.20. I tested this satisfactorily with my epub file and EpubCheck.

I havn't yet had a chance to retry ODTimport - but I am optimistic.

Last edited by philja; 11-28-2022 at 07:37 AM. Reason: accidental post of duplicate of preceding, and typo
philja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 07:35 AM   #452
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by philja View Post
I'll have a look at "DiapDealer's fool-proof build instructions".
Open a new general Sigil thread if it proves to be less than dead simple for you. We'll be happy to help.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 07:53 AM   #453
philja
Zealot
philja began at the beginning.

Thanks for that offer, DiapDealer. I'll keep it in mind for possible future needs. But for the moment, the flatpak issue has been solved and Sigil and EpubCheck are now working fine as a flatpak - see my post above.

Last edited by philja; 11-28-2022 at 07:54 AM. Reason: typos
philja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 11:30 AM   #454
jcsalomon
Zealot
jcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheese

Device: Bookari (née Mantano Reader) on Android; Kindle Fire HD
Sigil 1.9.20 built from source on Xubuntu 22.10; Qt 5.15.6. testplugin_v019.zip works with all tests passed. Java installed:

Code:
$ java --version
openjdk 11.0.17 2022-10-18
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 11.0.17+8-post-Ubuntu-1ubuntu2)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 11.0.17+8-post-Ubuntu-1ubuntu2, mixed mode, sharing)
EPUBcheck 0.4.6.2 installed. Running it on the default EPUB 3 boilerplate yields:

Code:

Running update check...

*** PYTHON ERROR ***
SSL version: OpenSSL 3.0.5 5 Jul 2022
An exception of type HTTPError occurred.
Arguments:
()
Version not found.
Setting "update_check": false in EpubCheck.json does not fix the error, though setting the last_time_checked to a more recent date does work.
jcsalomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 12:46 PM   #455
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsalomon View Post
Setting "update_check": false in EpubCheck.json does not fix the error, though setting the last_time_checked to a more recent date does work.
There's probably a bug in the update check code. If you also change the following setting to to false, you shouldn't get this error message:
Code:
  "github": false,
I wasn't able to reproduce this issue on my Linux machine. Maybe Sigil picked up a Python 2 interpreter when you clicked the Auto button or the urllib package on your machine is outdated or missing a dependency.

Try the following: Open a terminal, enter python and hit Enter. Then paste the following commands
Code:
from urllib.request import urlopen
github_url = 'https://api.github.com/repos/w3c/epubcheck/releases'
response = urlopen(github_url).read().decode('utf-8')
If you don't get any error mesages also try the following commands:
Code:
href = 'https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2950625&postcount=1'
response = urlopen(href).read().decode('utf-8', 'ignore')
Also double-check in Sigil what Python path is shown when you select Plugins > Manage Plugins > Path to Interpreter Executable.

Last edited by Doitsu; 12-17-2022 at 07:54 AM.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 02:04 AM   #456
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Java error using ePub check plugin

Hi

When I try to check an ePub with the plugin, I get this message:

Code:
Statut : failed

Vérification de la mise à jour ignorée : Pas d’accès Internet.

EPUBCheck 4.2.5 en cours d'exécution ... veuillez patienter.
Erreur de java.
 Error: A JNI error has occurred, please check your installation and try again
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk/lib/libnio.so: /usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk/lib/libnio.so: undefined symbol: reuseport_available
	at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load0(Native Method)
	at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(ClassLoader.java:2445)
	at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:2501)
	at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:2700)
	at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:2651)
	at java.base/java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:830)
	at java.base/java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1873)
	at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixNativeDispatcher$1.run(UnixNativeDispatcher.java:621)
	at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixNativeDispatcher$1.run(UnixNativeDispatcher.java:619)
	at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixNativeDispatcher.<clinit>(UnixNativeDispatcher.java:619)
	at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixFileSystem.<init>(UnixFileSystem.java:65)
	at java.base/sun.nio.fs.LinuxFileSystem.<init>(LinuxFileSystem.java:39)
	at java.base/sun.nio.fs.LinuxFileSystemProvider.newFileSystem(LinuxFileSystemProvider.java:46)
	at java.base/sun.nio.fs.LinuxFileSystemProvider.newFileSystem(LinuxFileSystemProvider.java:39)
	at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixFileSystemProvider.<init>(UnixFileSystemProvider.java:56)
	at java.base/sun.nio.fs.LinuxFileSystemProvider.<init>(LinuxFileSystemProvider.java:41)
	at java.base/sun.nio.fs.DefaultFileSystemProvider.<clinit>(DefaultFileSystemProvider.java:35)
	at java.base/java.nio.file.FileSystems$DefaultFileSystemHolder.getDefaultProvider(FileSystems.java:113)
	at java.base/java.nio.file.FileSystems$DefaultFileSystemHolder$1.run(FileSystems.java:102)
	at java.base/java.nio.file.FileSystems$DefaultFileSystemHolder$1.run(FileSystems.java:100)
	at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.base/java.nio.file.FileSystems$DefaultFileSystemHolder.defaultFileSystem(FileSystems.java:100)
	at java.base/java.nio.file.FileSystems$DefaultFileSystemHolder.<clinit>(FileSystems.java:94)
	at java.base/java.nio.file.FileSystems.getDefault(FileSystems.java:182)
	at java.base/java.io.File.toPath(File.java:2329)
	at java.base/java.util.zip.ZipFile$Source.get(ZipFile.java:1259)
	at java.base/java.util.zip.ZipFile$CleanableResource.<init>(ZipFile.java:733)
	at java.base/java.util.zip.ZipFile$CleanableResource.get(ZipFile.java:850)
	at java.base/java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:248)
	at java.base/java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:177)
	at java.base/java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:350)
	at java.base/java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:321)
	at java.base/java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:260)
	at java.base/sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.getMainClassFromJar(LauncherHelper.java:552)
	at java.base/sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.loadMainClass(LauncherHelper.java:778)
	at java.base/sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(LauncherHelper.java:686)
I use Archlinux and my Java version is

Code:
[roger@roger-lenovo ~]$ java --version
openjdk 11.0.18 2023-01-17
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 11.0.18+10)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 11.0.18+10, mixed mode)
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 03:27 AM   #457
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's an Arch Linux JRE bug.

You'll need to downgrade JRE to the previous version.
If you haven't already done so, install the downgrade package.

Then run the following commands and select 19.0.1.u10 /var/cache/pacman/pkg:

sudo downgrade jre-openjdk-headless
sudo downgrade jre-openjdk
Old 02-03-2023, 05:34 AM   #458
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)

thank you
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 06:05 AM   #459
wahahey
wahahey began at the beginning.

Unable to install epubcheck sigil plugin v5.0.0

I have python and java installed (have checked in cmd prompt), have tried using both bundled and path python. I'm trying to install the .zip in Sigil version 1.9.20.
But Sigil keeps giving me the same message:

Error: Plugin not a valid Sigil plugin.

Is this a bug, or there something I am not doing?
wahahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 06:23 AM   #460
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
You (or a download manager) have probably inadvertently renamed the plugin's zip file. The file name matters. Either that or you (or the OS) have mistakenly unzipped the plugin.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 06:45 AM   #461
wahahey

Hi DiapDealer

The filename I have is epubcheck-5.0.0.zip - is that correct?

I've also tried with epubcheck-4.2.6.zip and get the same result.
Old 02-10-2023, 07:47 AM   #462
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahahey View Post
Unable to install epubcheck sigil plugin v5.0.0
You'll need to download the plugin .zip file attached to the first post in this thread (EpubCheck_v0.4.6.3.zip).

If you try to install the .zip files from the W3C EPUBCheck Github releases download page, you'll get an error message.
Old 02-10-2023, 08:27 AM   #463
wahahey

Ah okay. I clearly did not look hard enough. Maybe a note about it being an attachment to the post could be added at the top - there is so much information about other things before reaching the attachment itself.

I have now installed it successfully, and it appears to run, but then... no visible result is given. Using a screen recorder I was able to capture the information that flashed up for a split second:

Running EPUBCheck 5.0.0 ... please wait.
< ?xml version= "1.0" encoding= "UTF-8"?>
<wrapper type= "valid ation">
< result> success</ result>
<changes>
</changes>
<msg>
Running E_pUBCheck 5.0.0 ... please wait.
</msg>
</wrapper>

Is this the expected behaviour? It seems to happen with any file, including ones I would not expect to pass validation.
Old 02-10-2023, 08:52 AM   #464
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahahey View Post
Is this the expected behavior? It seems to happen with any file, including ones I would not expect to pass validation.
EPUBCheck might be less picky than you.
To test that the plugin works, create a new epub2 book. Then delete the closing </p> tag in Section0001.xhtml and run the plugin.

Spoiler:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN"
  "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
  <title></title>
</head>

<body>
  <p>&nbsp;
</body>
</html>

You should get the following error message:
Col: 3: FATAL(RSC-016): Fatal Error while parsing file: The element type "p" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</p>".
Old 02-10-2023, 09:41 AM   #465
wahahey

Thanks - yes it works perfectly.

I am trying to make accessible epubs, so yes, probably more picky!

I see now that the result appears in the Validation Results window/tab. I had already run the "Well-Formed Check EPUB" (F7), so the Message "No Problems Found" was there and did not change, making it appear that nothing had happened.

Many thanks for your help.