Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-04-2023, 11:45 AM   #1
jazzbird
jazzbird began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Book Covers in Kindle for PC (again)

Hello,

I know this is a recurring topic (and it's addressed in the FAQs) but I can't find a definitive answer so I thought it would be worth asking again. If an existing post already answers my question, I would appreciate a link to it.

In short, book covers don't appear in Kindle for PC after I email them to Amazon via the 'Send to Kindle' feature (still sending MOBIs, though I understand this will soon be discontinued in favor of EPUBs).

I have followed the FAQ instructions to "Enable sharing of book content option" in the MOBI output. Until recently (some months ago?), this seemed to work. The covers appeared and the books synced on my Kindle, iOS app, and Android app. The covers also appeared in Kindle for PC but highlights, etc. did not sync.

Recently, the behavior of docs in Kindle for PC has changed. When I send books to Amazon via "Send to Kindle," Amazon still considers the books as personal documents. Now the syncing DOES work on the Kindle for PC app, but the covers NEVER appear. Both covers and highlights syncing seem to work on my Kindle and iOS/Android apps.

I can also save a local copy of books to my Kindle for PC. In that case, the covers DO appear but the highlights are obviously not synced with other devices.

So is there a way out of this? Is it possible to have both covers and highlights syncing on Kindle for PC?

Thanks for any help!
jazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 11:40 PM   #2
jazzbird

No one has any tips or links to share about this issue? No one has a similar issue?
Old 02-21-2023, 12:01 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Most of us have given up on amazon at this point. I know I have. I just use my Kindle as a dumb reading device fed by usb cable and ignore all the nonsense amazon keeps trying in order to raise the walls on its garden.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 07:51 AM   #4
jazzbird

Okay, good to know. Thanks!

Tags
covers not displaying, kindle for pc