Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-28-2022, 08:48 PM   #16
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I think the Win10 taskbar, etc. is still available in Win11, and only needs to be enabled.

I don't have Win11 to test

https://www.askvg.com/tip-restore-wi...ic-start-menu/

Fortunately, there is a hidden secret Registry tweak to disable the new Taskbar and enable Windows 10 classic Taskbar in Windows 11 which we are going to share in this tutorial.

Once you apply this Registry tweak, you’ll get following benefits:
  • It’ll restore Windows 10 style old classic Taskbar in Windows 11.
  • You’ll get all options back in Taskbar context menu such as open Task Manager, Lock/unlock Taskbar, arrange program windows, etc.
  • You’ll be able to move Taskbar to any screen area such as top, bottom, left and right.
  • You’ll be able to resize the Taskbar.
  • Drag-n-drop functionality will be back in Windows 11 Taskbar.
  • You’ll be able to add custom toolbars such as Quick Launch toolbar to Taskbar in Windows 11.
  • You’ll be able to force Windows 11 to NOT combine or group Taskbar buttons and always show full program labels on buttons.
  • It’ll also restore classic context menu (right-click menu) in Windows 11.
  • It’ll disable new command bar and enable Windows 10 style old classic Explorer with Ribbon toolbar in Windows 11.
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 04:03 AM   #17
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I hate the centered icons on the task bar. I have lost count of the number of times that I have gone to click on one just as they all recenter themselves resulting in the wrong program being opened.
I don't actually mind centered icons. My pet peeves with Windows 11 are the inability to make the taskbar smaller and to never combine icons (the latter being paramount to any of my workflows). Also the inability to gain more space in the start menu after disabling recommended apps.

Fortunately MS has promised to fix the start menu peeve and as to the taskbar, I found a nice extension changing it to the Windows 10 one, with all the Win 10 options.

Still, I only have Windows 11 on my backup laptop for now. I'm not going to install it on my daily driver until MS has fixed some of my peeves, at least.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2022, 02:11 PM   #18
Joliet Jake
Zealot
Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by phossler View Post
I think the Win10 taskbar, etc. is still available in Win11, and only needs to be enabled.

I don't have Win11 to test

https://www.askvg.com/tip-restore-wi...ic-start-menu/
Thanks for the info. For some reason my computer hated that page, but I managed to get the necessary info off of it.
Joliet Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 03:15 PM   #19
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliet Jake View Post
Thanks for the info. For some reason my computer hated that page, but I managed to get the necessary info off of it.
I guess it's only logical Windows 11 would try to stop you from opening that page.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 03:31 PM   #20
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I disliked the taskbar in Windows 7, too many baubles and beads. Fortunately I found this ==>> 7+ Taskbar Tweaker.

Not sure where Ramensoft is at with Windows 11. I'll worry about that if/when I switch. One thing about W11 I find unacceptable is that the taskbar cannot be positioned vertically on the left or right edge - bottom feeders only.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2022, 08:50 PM   #21
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I disliked the taskbar in Windows 7, too many baubles and beads. Fortunately I found this ==>> 7+ Taskbar Tweaker.

Not sure where Ramensoft is at with Windows 11. I'll worry about that if/when I switch. One thing about W11 I find unacceptable is that the taskbar cannot be positioned vertically on the left or right edge - bottom feeders only.

BR
Taskbar tweaker is amazing. No more thumbnail previews popping up on hover.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 10:40 PM   #22
Glsparks2
Glsparks2 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung S23 Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I hate the centered icons on the task bar. I have lost count of the number of times that I have gone to click on one just as they all recenter themselves resulting in the wrong program being opened.
You can move the task bar icons to the left.
Right click on task bar. Task Bar Behaviors. select Left.
Glsparks2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 02:19 PM   #23
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Taskbar tweaker is amazing. No more thumbnail previews popping up on hover.
Just so's it's an option - I like the thumbnails
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote