Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-25-2022, 03:53 PM   #1
rdyornot
rdyornot began at the beginning.

Device: none
Template Editor - Changing the default sample text

is it possible to change the sample book info in the template editor? I get by with the template language but I end up resorting to trial and error quite often and changing the sample book info so it has the characteristics i'm trying to manipulate with the template would let me see if i'm doing it correctly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	83
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	191888  
rdyornot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 04:39 PM   #2
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
The sample book info is based on the book selected in library view. If you change the book selected in library view, the sample metadata will change to reflect the new selection.

Also note that you can select multiple books, and the template editor will show multiple rows corresponding to the selected books.
capink is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2022, 05:11 PM   #3
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
If you pull up the template tester from the book list (add it to the context menu), it'll show you whatever books are currently selected rather than a placeholder "Title." Then you can save it with 'OK' and then right-click other template windows to load whatever was in the tester.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-01-25 18_14_17-Template tester.png
Views:	70
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	191889  

Last edited by ownedbycats; 01-25-2022 at 05:40 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 05:12 PM   #4
rdyornot

Ah! Thanks, thats perfect. I've only really used the Template Editor on the 'send to devices' preference so I can get readable names for long titles, so no books were ever selected in the library!
Old 01-25-2022, 05:18 PM   #5
rdyornot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
If you pull up the template tester from the book list (add it to the context menu), it'll show you whatever books are currently selected rather than a placeholder "Title."
Ah, thanks for this - turns out calibre does NOT use the selected book as template tester info when you access it through the 'Sending book to devices' preference.
Advert