Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-16-2010, 07:40 PM   #1
jimyboyle
jimyboyle began at the beginning.

Device: sony PRS505
Importing EPUBs

Sony reader PRS505
I have always downloaded books in the reader format but today downloaded an EPUB book. They download into an e books folder and from there I normally use 'file' 'import' in the library which opens the e book folder, select the book and 'open' it.
When I tried to do this with the EPUB book nothing happens when I click the 'open' tab
I have downloaded the latest sony and adobe software.
Anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong
jimyboyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 08:15 PM   #2
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
From the Sony Store or elsewhere?

DRM'd or non?
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2010, 08:21 PM   #3
jimyboyle

Downloaded from Smiths, accessed via the link to the e book store on the reader library
Old 01-16-2010, 08:29 PM   #4
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Hmmm, I'm in U.S. but I think that should work. Maybe someone else can help?
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 04:27 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Do you have the book, or just the download file for it?

When you buy an ePub book, the bookstore will e-mail you a small file with a ".acsm" extension. Open this in ADE; that will instruct ADE to download the book, which you can then transfer to the Reader.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2010, 07:54 AM   #6
jimyboyle

When I open ADE the book is there and if I double click it, it opens and can be read. Tried again downloading all the updates from Sony and adobe and I am registered with adobe.
Still cannot tranfer it to the library and in addition the reader now seems to be in constant sync mode. The Sony download was 22mb, is this update being transfered to the reader thus causing the long sync

Jim