Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 05-22-2016, 04:48 AM   #1
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Question issues with android browsing / tapatalk

trying to find a good way to use this site via my android tablets.

BUT ,
if i use the built in chrome/ silk browsers,then the forum search facility is not usable - it is not possible to type anything into the dropdown box before it immediately closes.
Other dropdown boxes are very small and tricky to use, even on a 9 inch tablet.

If I use ( android) tapatalk - that app seem to ignore my set preferences for the forums I am not interested in e.g. the non english ones, so its UNREAD tab shows everything- and there are various other annoyances e.g. slow loading, needs multiple attempts to mark all as read,

so is there a fully functional mobile interface - it seems to me that a site for mobile reading should have one ???
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 05:37 AM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
The search does work. It's not closing, scroll all the way to the right and you will find a box just sitting there waiting for you. I use Chrome when searching and modding but Tapatalk for everything else.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2016, 09:45 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
trying to find a good way to use this site via my android tablets.

BUT ,
if i use the built in chrome/ silk browsers,then the forum search facility is not usable - it is not possible to type anything into the dropdown box before it immediately closes.
Other dropdown boxes are very small and tricky to use, even on a 9 inch tablet.

If I use ( android) tapatalk - that app seem to ignore my set preferences for the forums I am not interested in e.g. the non english ones, so its UNREAD tab shows everything- and there are various other annoyances e.g. slow loading, needs multiple attempts to mark all as read,

so is there a fully functional mobile interface - it seems to me that a site for mobile reading should have one ???
Are you using the standard site, or the mobile one? (http://mobileread.mobi)?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 12:03 PM   #4
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
HarryT,
I use the standard Mobileread on Chrome on my tablet.
I never have problems posting or searching.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 02:15 PM   #5
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am using standard site ,android tablet, chrome browser.
The main search box is ok. It is "search this forum " that is not working. That opens a text box but as soon as I tap into it, to bring up touch keyboard, it closes.
As for mobile version of site, usually the site realises it's dealing with a mobile device and serves the mobile version by default ?. My android browser is synced to my PC browser for bookmarks etc, via my Google account
Update , search this forum works ok on mobile site but that is such an unpleasant basic layout, on a ten inch tablet. I would rather use the main site

Last edited by stumped; 05-27-2016 at 02:17 PM.
Advert
Old 05-27-2016, 02:24 PM   #6
stumped
Wizard

Screenshot. I cannot type in the search box that has appeared below search this forum. Same behaviour with search this thread, the box closes when I try to use it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-05-27-19-19-02.png
Views:	393
Size:	264.7 KB
ID:	148960  
Old 05-27-2016, 02:30 PM   #7
stumped
Wizard

Hmm, seems there is a workaround, I can tap the advanced search link option below the text box and that way get to a screen hat I can type on.
I still think the basic search box is broken on android chrome though
Old 05-27-2016, 02:37 PM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
It's not broken just not supported. Chrome is like that though the last couple of updates have made sites harder to navigate. I also use the advanced link on my tablet but my phone has a much older version of chrome and it works like it's suppose to.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 08:33 PM   #9
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
I hadn't even noticed the search with the drop down arrow before.
Yes, it disappears.
I just found a work around.
Long press on that search and open in a new window.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 12:51 AM   #10
stumped
Wizard

thanks for the confirmation - I had not thought of trying long press- but that is often the case with me and android UI ! - will try it thanks.
Old 05-29-2016, 01:40 PM   #11
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Yeah, it doesn't work on my tablet either (with Chrome). I guess I never noticed because I never use anything but the advanced search.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote