Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 01-05-2015, 04:18 PM   #1
Gunner54
Bookworm
Gunner54 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Gunner54 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Gunner54 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Gunner54 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Gunner54 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Gunner54 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Gunner54 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Gunner54 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Gunner54 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Gunner54 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Gunner54 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle
Reynolds, George W.M.: Alfred: The Adventures of a French Gentleman. v1. 5.1.2015

Alfred: The Adventures of a French Gentleman is one of Mr Reynolds' early works (1839).

It is a perfect introduction to the author's work for those that would rather dip their toes into its less than 300 pages, rather than dive into the huge tomes he became known for later in his career.

Alfred, though short, has many of the same themes (and it has to be admitted, plot devises) of his later writings. It quite a jolly romp and Reynold's sense of humour is much in evidence.

The ebook edition is based on material from archive.org. I have retained the original footnotes and added a few new ones (both clearly identified). I have also slightly reformatted the book for ease of use as a digital text. I have included the original illustrations, though of poor quality, for completeness. I designed the book cover based on an original illustration.

I am also preparing other books by Reynolds. The Ellen Percy books (volume one completed, volumes two a work in progress, and the standalone sequel The Young Duchess completed), Loves of the Harem (in progress) and The Seamstress (completed). All these will be illustrated.

The source material for Alfred contained hundreds of OCR errors, after painstaking proof reading I hope there are only a few left. The source material for all the other books I'm currently working on have thousands of OCR errors.

As this is my first posting I will wait a few days before uploading any more completed books, so as to make sure that I have fully understood the process.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Alfred - George W. M. Reynolds.epub (4.20 MB, 464 views)

Last edited by Gunner54; 01-05-2015 at 05:03 PM.
Gunner54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 11:42 PM   #2
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Welcome to the forum, and thanks for introducing me to a new author.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert