Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-02-2013, 03:35 PM   #46
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
Pirate Hunter's Mistress by Lynette Vinet free at Amazon US & UK originally published in 1991 by Zebra
I almost bought this but told myself it would go free soon and it did.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:20 PM   #47
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby98 View Post
I have this on my TBR...just wondering what made you rate it at a 2?

thx
IIRC I didn't buy the main relationship with their specific past history and how fast she fell.
NixLapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2013, 05:30 PM   #48
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by NixLapi View Post
IIRC I didn't buy the main relationship with their specific past history and how fast she fell.
Oh, OK...will have to watch for that.
ty
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:22 PM   #49
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Free @ Amazon

Jennifer Blake's The Secret of Mirror House

So I am home. We made it in late last night. What a trip! I had a really nice birthday despite how my Thanksgiving started out. That was a horrible day I just want to forget. The internet connection I had to endure for the trip was painfully slow. I mean it lagged specially in the morning when I needed to do Swagbucks. It felt like dial up!

One thing I hadn't counted on was not being able to access all my email. It seems Gmail was convince it wasn't me and wouldn't let me in. Outlook did the same thing but I was able to get into it using my cell. What they need to add is a option that says Hey Gmail I am going to be traveling so let me in!

One thing I brought back with me is a stomach bug or food poisoning so today has been rough!

I just ordered this morning a Kindle Fire HD 16GB for $119 which will be here tomorrow along with a Bissell Off floor vacuum stick thingy my MIL swears by and let me play with while I was there.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:36 PM   #50
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
So I am home. We made it in late last night. What a trip! I had a really nice birthday despite how my Thanksgiving started out. That was a horrible day I just want to forget. The internet connection I had to endure for the trip was painfully slow. I mean it lagged specially in the morning when I needed to do Swagbucks. It felt like dial up!

One thing I hadn't counted on was not being able to access all my email. It seems Gmail was convince it wasn't me and wouldn't let me in. Outlook did the same thing but I was able to get into it using my cell. What they need to add is a option that says Hey Gmail I am going to be traveling so let me in!

One thing I brought back with me is a stomach bug or food poisoning so today has been rough!

I just ordered this morning a Kindle Fire HD 16GB for $119 which will be here tomorrow along with a Bissell Off floor vacuum stick thingy my MIL swears by and let me play with while I was there.
Sorry you aren't feeling well.

Congrats on the new Kindle. Are you keeping your Nexus?
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2013, 06:39 PM   #51
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
Amazon's Cyber Monday Romance Deals

(Am thinking Heather Graham must be hiding in there as I got 8 alerts from ERIQ for her in my email this morning.)

There's a trilogy by Amanda Scott for 99 cents! These are former Signet Regency titles. A really great deal!
Old 12-02-2013, 06:48 PM   #52
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
My Nexus will be here tomorrow....can't wait to compare to my other two tablets.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:49 PM   #53
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Sorry you aren't feeling well.

Congrats on the new Kindle. Are you keeping your Nexus?
Yes I love my Nexus. It makes a great reader. The KFHD will be for media. Like on the KF you can play music by genre so I can play my Christmas music without all having to make a huge playlist. I think it will be better to watch movies and well I have a ton of games that are Kindle Fire only so now I can play them again. I can also access my Amazon Instant Videos again. I'll also be able to do immersion reading again.

My Nexus will be my main tablet but the KFHD will be my main media tablet. I could not pass up a KFHD2 16GB for $119. I still have to take back the Nextbook 7 tablet. No one would brave Walmart after seeing what happen in Elkin, NC which we drove right by going to and from on my trip. It's such a quiet small town who would have thought such idiots lived there?
Old 12-02-2013, 07:48 PM   #54
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
I could not pass up a KFHD2 16GB for $119.
Would you say it's worth $180? Strongly considering it as a Christmas gift for my better half...
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:59 PM   #55
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
Would you say it's worth $180? Strongly considering it as a Christmas gift for my better half...
I'll let you know when I give it a test run. It's $169 when not on sale. I know my old fire which I paid $199 for was well worth it but after having issues with the HDX 7 I really have to check out the HD first to make sure it too doesn't suffer from subpar hardware.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:22 PM   #56
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Quote:
Free @ Amazon

I ordered the same for my 13 year daughter. I think she is going to be very happy on Christmas Day. Now she can stop using me and Hubby's iPads. LOL!
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:43 PM   #57
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'll let you know when I give it a test run. It's $169 when not on sale. I know my old fire which I paid $199 for was well worth it but after having issues with the HDX 7 I really have to check out the HD first to make sure it too doesn't suffer from subpar hardware.
I just noticed I was looking at the HDX. If it's been having issues I'll wait for feedback on the regular HD before ordering anything.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:52 PM   #58
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
I just noticed I was looking at the HDX. If it's been having issues I'll wait for feedback on the regular HD before ordering anything.
The HDX 7 has blue LEDs which makes the reader have a ugly blue border around the screen. It's most noticeable with light backgrounds unless you get one like I had which my HDX #3 where it showed up on everything! HDX 8.9 uses White LEDs so it's a really nice tablet. The HD uses white LEDs too. It's only the HDX 7 that has this horrible problem that ruins the tablet. I also experienced hardware failure on HDX #1 and a greenish screen tint on HDX #2.

Let me show you a pic of a subtle border. That was the best one out of the three they sent me.

Would you want to read on that?!?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-10-20 22.40.55.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	116117  
Old 12-02-2013, 09:33 PM   #59
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
That blue around the edges would be annoying after the first page
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:44 PM   #60
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe

Quote:
Let me show you a pic of a subtle border. That was the best one out of the three they sent me.
Point made.

The HDX 8.9 is outside my budget... I will look closer at the HD.